GreaseSpot Cafe

Athletes of the Spirit

2beenthere2

Spot on Groucho - and your memory ain't bad for someone approaching geezer status. One of the shames is that a lot of the people in that production - at least 5 that I can think of... had real credentials in the production community - mostly broadway but others as well... while LCM pranced around like ... well like... $*@! well you know what I mean - he was like watching Dr. Smith in the original B&W Lost in Space. One of those five with real credentials ended up in BTR with me - and when she got engaged to a local military guy, Platig called me up and called her up - reaming her - but being nice to me - because after all I was fellow black robe...sheeesh.... telling me he was not worthy of her etc etc etc. I explained to him that - well never mind the dirt - those two have been married now for almost twenty years with two fine kids...

Late night rambling

I recall, that at the time Martindale was spending almost all of his time on the aos production, Wierwille was bitterly disapointed in him. Veepee thought that Loyboy should be doing the job of running the ministry as president rather than prancing around in his leotards, and devoting his time and efforts on this ridiculous "production"...

...Of course, king okie was now "el-presidente" and ignored Veepee...I believe that this production was the "trigger" that gave Veepee the realization that he was now irrelevant and to be ignored...it was also the event that catapulted twi from a "money making cult" into the realm of a "trainwreck waiting to happen".

The downward spiral began in earnest with Martindale's obcession with seeing himself as "Joshua with leotards", leading the spiritual battle against the dark forces by prancing on stage like a ruptured chimpanzee...rather than to continue the programs that Veepee had successfully put in motion.

All in all, we should probably thank Loyboy for this...afterall, had Veepee actually selected a competant replacement for president, many of us who walked away might still be feeding this insideous cornfield cult with our time, efforts and money.

RumRunner...Old geezer?...Yeah, well, I suppose so... :spy:

But at least I never had to wear the black robe (the only thing missing was the Darth Vader mask). :biglaugh:

So, Platig "advised" the young lady not to marry the guy? Seems consistant with so many other off the wall, none of their business, bad decisions...glad to hear that it all worked out for them.

...Yeah, Martindale seemed to think that he had all this "hidden potential" in the realm of song and dance...who remembers when king okie got on stage (at Emporia) and actually SANG a solo for everyone? It was not only laughable but I recall feeling embarrassed for him at the time. What WAS his problem? Being the "chosen one" to replace Wierwille wasn't good enough for him?...and of course, all the glassy eyed wayfers applauded him as if they had just listened to Tony Bennet performing "New York New York"...

...What a moron! But of course, so many of us were afraid to tell the emperor that he was naked a jay bird. Ah yes, the warm memories of wasting 13 years of my life in a mind control cult...Had I devoted that time to my secular education, I would probably be making a triple figure salary and spending my winters on the Mediterranean...

...and people wonder why I still harbor bitterness? OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!! :evilshades:

I remember when I had to play the video of AOS for the locals in my twig area. There were about twenty five hard core Alaskans there, and most were gnarly biker/Alaskan/construction worker/hunters and commercial fishermen types. I was so embarrassed to have to do it, because it seemed so faggy for LCM to be prancin around like that with a rainbow headband. But, orders were orders, and so, we proceeded at this guy's house where he had a big screen tv.

I also remember that when the video was over, the instructions were to make sure everyone sat and listened to the entire length of the credits at the end, because; "Devil spirits could still be cast out as people watched the credits and listened to the God Music." And so, with great discomfort, we all watched, with very few looking to the right or left to avoid embarrassment. A couple of the biker boys couldn't help but look at eachother and grin during certain scenes as if to say; "Whatta fairy!" And when it was over, but the credits had only just begun to roll, the owner of the home, the owner of a big construction company, and a biker at heart, jumped up, turned off the video player, and said; "Well! There's coffee, soda, and beer in the kitchen!" And everyone immediately stood up heading out of the room toward the kitchen. All control of the meeting was hopelessly lost!

And yet, supposedly I was to regain control over the meeting, make sure thay all sat back down and watched and listen to the credits, and then talk about it and then close with prayer and mannies. But did I do that? Nope. I disobeyed. I had a beer, and not a soul said much about it other than it was "interesting" and that Murphy look hot in her leoretards. I think the "humping scene" brought on a few grins as well. Do you all think Craig had much to do with coreographing(sp?) the "humping scene"? Those devils certainly were wicked little humpers, weren't they?

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Johnny that was almost exactly like it was when I showed it. There was open embarrasment - we never bothered with the closing credits and everyone just kind of stodd milling around till they could get out of the room.

Now your going to think im a freak .

but the year that came out the lines were very long to see it on the tv in a tent.

I was not about to wait.. i actualy prayed about it.. Father told me not to go see it.

I know I know Im a freak.

a decade later they were showing it at childrens fellowship and i was asked agian and I said no.

my kids saw it i think.

we never talked about it.

i do not know why but that production was NOT meant to be for me .

now i read this and maybe it was all good.

pond, I don't think you are a freak...

And, another weird thing that occurred surrounding all of that was this. Up in Anchorage, where the believers also saw the production, there was a couple who had a three year old son. (A young man now, who just finished his tour of duty in Iraq as a Marine btw). Anyway, back then, young Ben was used to running around the house with a rainbow headband on playing the role of (now don't puke) Martindale!

And one night, when his Mom was putting him to bed and told him that it was time to say his prayers, he looked up at his Mom and asked innocently; "Why do we have to pray to God Mom? Why pray to God when Martindale will take care of us?"

And one night, when his Mom was putting him to bed and told him that it was time to say his prayers, he looked up at his Mom and asked innocently; "Why do we have to pray to God Mom? Why pray to God when Martindale will take care of us?"

Wow......now THAT speaks volumes with the teachings of The Way International.

Right on johnny...Martindale took "really good" care of all of us...

...Thank you Father in the name of Craig. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

...and who could ever forget the aos "comic book"...when I first saw that thing at the roa, I spontaneously said, loud enough for anyone within 20 feet of me to hear, "You GOTTA be kidding me!"...I received some very nasty stares from "gawd's elect"...Yes indeed, the mog HAD become Aquaman!!! :evilshades:

I went to see it in the auditorium at a corps week. Two things struck me.

First, the devil spirit humping. It was at the forefront of the production. I thought, this is just the tip of the iceberg as to what's probably happening backstage and away from the set. It was perverted.

The second thing, more than this, was the implication, that it was alright to murder someone, you think, is a "seed" person. I saw murder being condoned in the name of religion and the minister. I knew, that had we lived in a different age, this would have literally happened. It was revolting. Instead of, say Paul, who was buffeted by a messenger of Satan, and who prayed to God, LCM's answer was to murder the bad person. It said, hey, if someone's seed, you can destroy them.

I came out thoroughly disgusted and seriously having doubts about our leadership and LCM. Of course, everyone was saying how great it was, but I had a serious conversation with a few folks who saw the same one, we kind of huddled in hushed voices and discussed how sick it was, and what was wrong with the corps thinking this was some "great" production.

I wonder if this production, in some small part, opened the door for our exodus after POP.

Edited by Sunesis
  • Like 1

• 12 years later...
  • 1 year later...