GreaseSpot Cafe

Where the hell is Zixar, anyway?

Zixar

Eh, I just incremented myself and moved on to another enormously time-wasting endeavor that just celebrated its one-year anniversary.

Of course, I also got divorced, had my drug-addicted stepson arrested for stealing one of my guns, found a new love, got engaged again...quite a lot, actually.

The time-wasting endeavor? Well, several people here may remember I aspired to be a screenwriter many moons ago, but never actually produced anything of note. I met up with a bunch of young people on another site, and one little offer to help them out by writing a script turned into something quite unexpected. It's called "machinima"--making movies with characters in 3D games, like "Doom", "The Sims 2", or, in our case, Microsoft's "Halo".

It used to be just a way for players to record certain cool stunts they managed to pull off in the game, like seeing how high they could blow a Jeep with enough grenades and a rocket launcher, but then a group of guys in Austin, TX, decided to use the multiplayer version of Halo and film an actual video series. It's called Red vs. Blue and it has ballooned into a colossal web hit. It's kind of like M*A*S*H, a comedy about two hapless squads stranded in a box canyon with no real reason to fight the other except that the other side is supposed to fight them.

When I stumbled into the forums on the RvB site, a young fellow from England was trying to get fan interest up in making a parody/homage about certain groups of people on the forums. (Like, say, "Satori & Co. vs. P-Mosh's Ilk", if it were to be done here.) Sooo, I opened my big mouth, and "Sponsors vs. Freeloaders" was born. The first few episodes we produced were pretty bad (2&3 especially), but we switched from comedy to drama starting with Episode 5, and the series took off. We have an international cast spanning four countries and three continents, and we're now in the running for several awards for Halo machinima. (You can vote for me, if you like, at 3rd Annual Rockets on Prisoner Machinima Awards I'm near the bottom of the page as "Sevenar of Sponsors vs Freeloaders" for Best Male Performance--go figure!)

And it was through all this that I met an amazing young woman--Amanda--and we fell in love almost instantly. (Yes, this was after Lynn and I separated.) She's now living with me (long story), we're both ecstatically happy, and we're engaged to be married (well, as soon as her divorce is final, anyway...).

More as the situation develops... icon_smile.gif:)-->

Okay, I'll be the bad guy.

Zix, I wish you well on your writing endeavor. It sounds like fun and something you would enjoy doing. I'll try to vote for you later.

On the personal side...

Having posted some info on my personal life as a single female and opening that area of my life up here for discussion, I will assume by posting some info on your personal life that you have opened the door up for discussion as well. You will not agree with some of what I have to say. Others will.

I do wish you the best in the development of this relationship, but please, please, please, try to step back a little and see the bigger picture. You're just out of a marriage, she's still in one (as in, legally, she's married to someone else), you're living together in whatever capacity that entails, (does she work? are you supporting both of you? do you work?) How long have you two known each other? It can't be all that long, you were married last year.

You gotta know that the circumstances under which you are starting this new relationship are "iffy". Certainly, you two could be an exception to how many relationships like yours end up. Only you two know your hearts and all the details. I'm just saying, take care of yourself.

I am a single person who has played by the rules.

no adultery and not alot of risk taking in dating who is who.

I hear what the above post is saying with the divorce rate even worse for second marriages even worse than the first time around!!!

so I say to Zix in my well infromed play in safe life please

GO FOR IT!!! do the love thing.

do what feels great and makes ya happy and if amanda rings the golden bell on the merry go round of life than grab and hold on for as long as the ride may last!

win life and take the chance!

can it go bad? yeah as any divorced human on this planet will testify..but it aint in the winning ro losing of life that counts it is the living of it!!!!

congrats and nice to hear from ya Mr. screen writer award soon to be winner!!!

Thanks, everybody! I have missed the place, truth be told. It's just easy to run out of time for all the things you're juggling.

And WWJLA: No, you're not being the bad guy, merely realistic. Ordinarily, I would not have accelerated a relationship this fast.

But then again, I've never met anyone quite like Amanda. We get along so well, and it's been like that since the first time we met face to face. (okay, well, the second. Long story.) It was like we'd been best friends all our lives at first sight. We were just instantly comfortable around each other, and we've been able to be open and honest about everything so far. The usual early nervousness and insecurities about a relationship just haven't manifested themselves as normal.

I hate to use such a cliche', but it really is like we were made for each other. (And yes, I'd be rolling my eyes and gagging if I heard anyone else say it, too...but you just can't believe it until it happens to you. Ask Steve!&Cindy!. They know.)

Anyway, thanks for indulging in the video contest. The nominations will be closed Friday night, and then the real voting will begin in about a week. wink2.gif;)-->

God bless!

Sev, er, Zix icon_smile.gif:)-->

Zixar,

Does all this relation stuff have to do with the Big Ten Inch you posted quite a while back!!!

Heh heh heh

I supposed I missed the Video vote contest, but will try to log on someTIME!!!

Zix I understand:

quote:
...It was like we'd been best friends all our lives at first sight...

I've understood those moments quite a few eye to eyes of times in mine life.

It seems the focal point of such relationships bears and bares the heart of the "Soul Mates" or "Made for Each Other". And time is all we have in this life.

Rok On Zix

quote:
I hate to use such a cliche', but it really is like we were made for each other. (And yes, I'd be rolling my eyes and gagging if I heard anyone else say it, too...but you just can't believe it until it happens to you. Ask Steve!&Cindy!. They know.)

I am happy for you, Zix. I know how it feels to FINALLY meet your soulmate. I met mine (on a dating website!!) and married him after 4 short months. We have been married for 1 1/2 years, and every day continually confirms I made a great decision. I agree caution should be exercised in making life-time decisions, but when you know, you just know.

Enjoy each other!

Okay, the final ballot for the Halo Machinima Awards is now live, and my show, Sponsors vs. Freeloaders, is very well represented among the final nominees. Episode 7 got nominated in most of the major categories, (as well as Episode 6 and 2 in a couple), two of our actors got nominated for Best Male & Female Performance (Laird & Katyara) and we're in the running for Best Series, too.

Unlike the nomination process, you get to vote for one choice in every category, but you only get one vote, and it's confirmed by email.

Anyway, if you are inclined to vote for us, here's the link: 3rd Annual "Rockets On Prisoner" Halo Machinima Awards

Thanks!