GreaseSpot Cafe

A poll of how many years you were in TWI: 21 years and more

Royal Gorge

I was in for 29. I think I'm the lucky winner. I'll take what's behind door number 2, Monty!

I think most of the posters at GS were in for 20 years or less. Some of us just didn't wise up quickly enough!

Hope R. color>size>face>

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

23 + Would have been longer if LCM hadn't done me a favor and MA-ligned me. Jerk had his goons enter my house (not on TWI property) while I was at work and put the letter on my dining room table. The M&A really didn't bother me as much as the home invasion. I was actually proud that he considered me to be such a threat to his throne.

Edited by goodseed

Goodseed,

How on earth did they get in your house? I would have called the cops on that one. That was breaking and entering.

I remember while I was on Staff, we didn't lock our doors in Founders Hall. I wondered how many times people were in my room without my knowledge. I remember Claud*ttee R*yal telling me lcm had left her notes in her room. In response to my surprised expressions when she told me that, she said "He can do whatever he wants to." I hate to think of the privacy that was invaded at that place. I wouldn't put it past them to record phone calls. Oh, but that could be a thread in itself.

I lived in NK and had 4 kids. Since I couln't possibly keep them in keys - they would lose them faster than I could have them made - I didn't lock the door. That said, we did close the doors, and did not expect to have goons trudging through. I figured that would be the last time they would "invade" my house because that night I was the topic of Sir Rant-A-Lot's Corpse night, and everyone was threatened with excommunication if they were seen or suspected of having ANY communication with me. Crazy! If I walked into the post office to pick up my mail, the local Wayfers couldn't get out of there fast enough. Walking down the street they would switch to the other side if they saw me approaching.

Then "bless patrol" started cruising my street to make sure no one was visiting me. I'd see them coming and go to the front door and wave at them. Then they'd get all embarrassed and look the other way, like they were'nt on my little 4 house street to spy on me!