GreaseSpot Cafe

LCM 4 Christ

learning

quote:
Originally posted by CoolWaters:

Oh, hey there TWI...I'm back with another search result...and this one should keep y'all busy, busy, busy...

Do a Yahoo! search for "The Way International" (with quote marks) and you'll get about 31,900 results.

If you do it without the quote marks, you'll get about 132,000,000 results.

Yep...your world is small...very small indeed.

TWI DO YOU YAHOO? icon_razz.gif:P-->

quote:
I agree; it would appear the WayGB sharks watching this site smelled chum in the water with this group and went in for the kill.

Nice one, you guys. Makes me think of the phrase, "seeking whom they may devour".

You're certainly making a name for yourselves in the Christian community. Word over the World â„¢ indeed!

quote:

Well, could be something different. Maybe the poor folks there found out how much similarity in name they had to a *** ****** cult, and pulled the plug. I sure would.

Can you imagine putting your name in a search engine and finding the scum of TWI attached? I'd get real sick.

Both excellent points, men!

They are probably very upset about the possibility of even being associated with TWI. But, if they are having to tangle with rosie and her fuhrers, they will be even more upset as they see how absolutely vicious and un-Chrisitan they can be. I hope it doesn't discourage them from wanting to continue their ministry, just with a name not affiliated with a cult..

The owner of the site contacted me and wanted to let everyone know that the site was NOT taken down due to anything having to do with TWI shutting it down.

quote:
Someone else soon notified me that we were being discussed and would possibly be sued by TWI. So I destroyed "The Way Ministry" section the site to keep LCM (Landmark Campus Ministry) from being sued.

Our site is temporarly down due to OTHER reasons. However, people on your forum believe it is due to TWI. Please inform them that TWI was not involved. They have not contacted us. And I had never heard of TWI before being contacted.

My church planting team will continue to plan and prepare for our plant. But we will likely chose a new name and will have a different web address.

To the site owner (just in case he pops in for a visit)

I didn't see it before it went down, but I imagine that a whole lot of work went into that site, so it is a shame you needed to tear it down.

quote:
So I destroyed "The Way Ministry" section the site to keep LCM (Landmark Campus Ministry) from being sued.

Our experience is that getting sued by that outfit is not a difinite maybe, it's an absolute certainty sooner or later.

That is a shame because so many references made by Jesus Christ or others who truly believe him contain that phrase "the way".

In case any of you innies still wonder about the benevolence of your overseers - check this one out. They not only control and regement you, but they reach out occaisionally and slash any threat from any source. There is no such thing as a kinder, gentler twi.

quote:
"The Way" should talk to pjroberge about his legal battles with them

TWI ended up asking me for a settlement because they knew they were losing and had no case. The Way is indeed generic. TWI spent about $60,000 and had to pay the arbitrator to learn this lesson. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Anyone need evidence of The Way being generic for a court case need only write me and I will make my research available.

quote:
Originally posted by pjroberge:

TWI ended up asking me for a settlement because they knew they were losing and had no case.

When my father spanked me, I often said that I didn't deserve it, and frequently didn't. (I had a devil for a sister and my father was blind, so I frequently got framed.)

I never once said that I got spanked because my father knew he was losing and asked me to settle for a spanking.

quote:
Originally posted by krysilis:

To the site owner (just in case he pops in for a visit)

I didn't see it before it went down, but I imagine that a whole lot of work went into that site, so it is a shame you needed to tear it down.

It is, but "tear it down" might be misleading. Not much should be required to put it back up, at a different web address, except to edit the pages, substituting a new name for "The Way Ministry" and updating links to correspond to the new web address.