Movie Pictionary

Raf

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok I'm not exactly sure I know how to put the pic in correctly - but here goes.....

Dang I did it wrong! I need some help getting the images on properly - any help out there?

Edited by doojable

i search google images, then go to the picture, then right click on the pic for properties, then copy the http address.

Then click on the image button in the reply space (the little icon with the tree) and paste the http address in there

Do that for each pic you find

I think I said all that right

:)

Edited by rhino

Are they your own images, or from the web?

Rhino's way is easier. You can also do this:

If they're from the web, right click on the picture and look for "properties." When that pops up, you'll see a line that says "Address (URL)". Copy the url.

Then type (img) (using brackets, [], instead of parentheses). Paste the url, then type (/img) (again using brackets instead of parentheses).

Edited by Raf

On p. 22 of this thread I gave a couple of detailed posts on how to do this. At the top or bottom of this page click on the Pages drop-down (next to the actual page number) and a "Jump to Page..." box shows up. Type in 22 and OK. (Or page back through 20+ pages!)

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

Ok guys, I am fairly computer capable. I followed ALL the ideas to a T! But I keep getting error messages like " Error cannot use dynamic (IMG) images" And "Domain errors"

WTF? :blink:

I could try to download these to my computer and then put them up as thumbnails - but the I also get mixed results with that. (Oh and I AM using both Google and Yahoo! images.)

I just wanted to point out that linking directly to images on other websites is HIGHLY frowned on. That's because every time someone views this thread, the images have to be transferred from the other site, and it uses up thier bandwidth, which they have to pay for.

Just thought I might should point that out, not lecturing or anything. :)

Rick

I was not aware of that. I'll ask Paw if we can delete some of the older ones.

I think it's called "hot linking" I mentioned that when i did my first one. I noticed Bluze puts them on his site ... but I guess it is stealing the material then. I wonder what it costs to download 40kb about 30 times? Once it is in your cache, it doesn't need to be reloaded each time I think. It is mostly disdained when commercial sites or blogs hot link to someone else's streaming video ... that can get expensive I'd guess. I'm guessing the total cost of the game here is a couple bucks ... no one paying more than a penny ...just a guess though

Deleting old ones would at least destroy the evidence. :) Avatars can also be taken from "hot links", but maybe they are kept on Paw's site after they are resized ... not sure ... But the way this program is set up, the way to add a picture is to add a hot link. It is perhaps more egregious to have the site set up that way than for an individual to do it on occassion. It is one site taking bandwidth from others for pics as a rule. With the traffic here it is probably not significant.

Edited by rhino

I noticed Bluze puts them on his site ... but I guess it is stealing the material then.

OK, I'm a thief, but at least I'm not a bandwidth thief! :biglaugh:

Seriously, I was just pointing it out though, not trying to tell anyone they can't do it.

And I have no clue on George's latest one.

Rick