GreaseSpot Cafe

Best Halloween Movies to rent?

RottieGrrrl

Return of the Living Dead (the one with the punk rockers) Great story, funny as hell yet some great chills and excellent soundtrack

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (The remake with Donald Sutherland)

Re-Animator. Do NOT RENT THIS FROM BLOCKBUSTER OR HOLLYWOOD. They cut out the best scene.

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. (NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH) Blockbuster will actually rent this Uncut because it's considered a masterpiece.

The Hidden: Great sci fi cult classic, grabs you from the beginning, great story, lots of action and excellent ending

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (The orignal one) I'm not really one for slasher films but this really is a great Halloween movie flick.

And the Grand-daddy (or mama) of all, The Exorcist.

So anyone else got any to add? I really haven't seen anything too recent except the Blair Witch project which I didn't care for.

ANIheadBlown2C.gifANIsevHead13dC.gif

OH yeah Pet Cemetary was great. I even liked the second one. I saw Am. WW a dozen times too.

I forgot another good movie. Witchboard, with Tawny Kitain (sp?) That really is a good story with some genuine chills in it. Brrrrr.

ANIeyeballBlood02C.gif

[This message was edited by RottieGrrrl on October 30, 2003 at 16:52.]

I agree on "the Exorcist".

We knew this one guy who saw it 150 times.

I don't know what possessed him....

The Director's Cut is out.

I also think the first "Nightmare on Elm Street" movie

qualifies. Part 3 is not bad as a sequel.

How about "Young Frankenstein"?

"Dracula: Dead and Loving It"?

("Is she dead?" "She is..nosferatu." "She's ITALIAN??")

"Make them go away."

"I'm trying."

sixthsense.jpg

"Are you mad? I am your daughter."

TheOthers.jpg

And of course...

shining.gif

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

I never saw the Others and they just showed that the other night. I'll have to catch that.

Exie! I know what you mean about that Spider Walk, I haven't seen that version either but it spooked the hell out of me. Brrrr.

I liked Elmstreet 1,3, and 4. Haven't seen 5 I don't think, but it looked kind of lame.

Sixth sense and the Haunting were good movies too!

Okay, I don't mean to insult anyone, but I have to say this. I read "The Shining" and I LOVED it. When I saw the movie, I wanted to strangle Jack Nicholson because I thought he RUINED that movie. I know, I know, you guys all love him. (at least the men do) but I thought he was the biggest HAM.

And ya know what? Stephen King thought so too!

OH HOW could I forget "The Omen" especially with that great scene with the rottweilers in the graveyard!

omendogs.jpg

The original Haunting was scary; watched it when I was a kid. I saw a movie once named Terror in the crypt. In this one scene this old lady died and they had her body in the coffin on a sheltered stone porch during a thunderstorm. All of a sudden lightning struck and the lady was sitting up pointing at this woman. That scene was as good as in the Shining when the kid turns the corner on the three wheeler and sees those girls "hello Daniel come play with us for ever and ever and ever...".

exie I haven't done a haunted house in AGES! Nobody ever wants to do one with me!!

What is a gravity hill? I never heard of that!

johniam that sounds like a spooky movie. I saw a movie named "Mr. Sardonicus" as a kid and there's a scene of a rotting corpse in a coffin that's haunted me all my life.

I'd love to see that movie again.

I also remember this old movie named "Carnival of Souls" that creeped me out too as a kid.

ANImummyC.gif