GreaseSpot Cafe

Christian Music

gc

Anyone have any suggestions for good christian music? I rarely listen to christian radio because most of the music I don't like.

I like most genres, 'cept rap. Four of my most listened to christian cds right now are Eden Bridge (Celtic), Danny Daniels (Blues), Van Morrison (rock) and Eva Cassidy (old gospel). I also have an old Sandy Patti that I enjoy.

Any suggestions?

gc

dmiller, Allan and CoolWaters, thanks for the links going to check them out.

Allan, is Hillsong the name of your church or your group or both?

How about groups or singers that ya'll like that aren't just pop christian?

smurfette, thanks for the suggestions. I've heard of both of those groups before, so I'll check them out.

gc

Gospel huh??

Some like contemporary. Some like old timey. Here's one that *I* like because I like 'em old. Click HERE! and see if the artist sounds familiar to you. I degraded it to fit here. I've got the GOOD version if anyone's interested.

sudo

Very Nice, Sudo! I'd be interested in a GOOD version. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Can you find me a good deep bass rendition of "How Great Thou Art"? I LOVE that song, but done in the ultra-soprano of TWI's Choir would ruin it for anyone. That song was made for a good deep bass voice. Even Elvis doesn't do it justice in the CD I have. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I'm not picky or anything but my daddy does the best I've ever heard and I don't have that on any recording. wink2.gif;)-->

Sudo, I don't know who the singer is, but she is wonderful. I listened to the piece three times, and you have the better version? icon_smile.gif:)-->

Is it an album or is this a single track? I'm interested.

gc

quote:
Can you find me a good deep bass rendition of "How Great Thou Art"? I LOVE that song, but done in the ultra-soprano of TWI's Choir would ruin it for anyone. That song was made for a good deep bass voice. Even Elvis doesn't do it justice in the CD I have.

Belle -- sorry I cannot give you the audio, but check out this CD by IIIrd Tyme Out. One of the premier bluegrass groups touring today. icon_smile.gif:)-->

How Great Thou Art is track 8.

I found this CD at walmart, and you can also get it from IIIrd Tyme Out

It is well worth the money (15 or so bucks). I think I paid 13.99 for my copy. icon_smile.gif:)-->

David

quote:
about 10,000 turn up on any given sunday and thats just within a 30 mile radius !!

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

10,000, any given Sunday, and a 30 mile radius!!????

Twi -- HELLOOOOOOO!!!! Ya hear that? Anyone awake, or at home there in New Knoxville??. icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

10,000 people seeking, speaks volumes. icon_cool.gif

David

quote:
Originally posted by dmiller:

10,000, any given Sunday, and a 30 mile radius!!????

Twi -- HELLOOOOOOO!!!! Ya hear that? Anyone awake, or at home there in New Knoxville??. icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

10,000 people seeking, speaks volumes. icon_cool.gif

David

Yet how could all these searchers miss "the Singing Fat Ladies" playing at the International House of Blubber Auditorium?

I'm confused icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

too!

Belle,

GC was on the right track. You HAVE to guess in order to get more stuff from 'ole Sudo. Don't you ever visit the Nostalgia thread?? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->. But because I'm such a magnanimous kind of guy, I'll give you that same song by another artist that is even better. Click HERE! and name the artist. See? Even better than the first one, huh?

Now.. anybody into a bunch of guys singing?? Click HERE! and tell me if you recognize it. Oh, I am... such... a ... bad boy.

sudo

Ahhhhh, sorry, Sudo. No, I haven't been to the Nostalgia thread. Guess it shows. icon_smile.gif:)--> I wasn't trying to cheat,though. Honest!

My speakers on the work computer are not functioning properly, but I'll listen and guess when I get home.

gc

Check out Robin Mark for the Celtic Christian sound. For praise and worship, Chris Tomlin is excellent (and also from our church wink2.gif;)--> )

Ross King and Bob Bennet you won't find in Wal-Mart or Christian Book stores, but their cd's are available on the net if you look around. They are awesome.

Plus echo on Third Day. icon_smile.gif:)--> Check out Mercy Me, but you have to pick and choose with their music. Some is awesome, some....well, not so awesome.

All the kids like Switchfoot.

Happy listening. icon_smile.gif:)-->