GreaseSpot Cafe

West Wing - Bravo Reruns

QamiQazi

Anybody else watching Bravo?

I haven't seen the old episodes so don't give anything away. I started last season.

Last night's episode had Bartlett going with Leo to the White House counsel to discuss the legal ramifications of concealing his MS.

Toby's tantrum was over the top, but he had some good reasons for being angry, not the least of which being a new scandal to deal with. As communications director, he is not going to get much sleep for the next 2 years. In response, Bartlett was rightfully indignant, but maybe too indignant, and just a little cavalier, considering the stakes.

Once again, Sorkin is trying to impress us with Team Bartlett's devotion to the Constitution, and his desire for full-disclosure. He even told Charlie never to lie on his behalf, for love or loyalty, or he would be disowned.

By contrast, Clinton.

The sarcasm was hilarious. CJ had to interview staffers in the attempt to discover the source of a "leak." Then Donna confessed to the leak, but also confessed to kidnapping the Lindberg baby, and hiding Jimmy Hoffa's body, I had to re-play it 3 times because I couldn't stop laughing in time to hear the next lines. Donna's confession may be one of the all-time great scenes for the series.

The next staffer tells her how to determine whether a person is guilty of witchcraft. Almost died.

Hadda be there, I guess.

[This message was edited by QamiQazi on October 23, 2003 at 11:32.]

now it is a TV show that is the distraction QQ?

the people need you to finish the story I am a faithful reader of that story , as a reader I feel I am led to this post to remind you of your responisbilities to the posts written before this one with readers and posters have stood faithfully and waited for your deliverence.

Mrs. Landingham's funeral service was last night. Amazing drama, not just for TV, but for theater.

That episode had to win an award. In his grief, Bartlet curses God - in Latin no less, and calls Him a "feckless thug."

Landingham appears in a vision. Bartlett faces the media with his MS for the first time. Damn good episode. Anybody else remember this one?

I like those "true tales from the west wing" about past presidents. Actually, I can picture the humorous atmosphere on that show in the Kennedy white house more than the Clinton one.

I like that episode where that a**hole tries to hit on Zoe in a bar and threatens Charlie and Josh and doesn't even realize what he did until he was in handcuffs.

Next week's looks even worse by the coming attractions. Barlett wanders into a disaster area resulting from "the big tornado." Leo declares the President "AWOL." All the new VP needs is a plaid sports jacket and he could be doing used car commercials on late night TV.

And Will is defecting to the VP? That's not the same Will.

Amy looked bad. Real bad, for Amy. And then she resigns.

And CJ looks like she had cosmetic surgery. Not that it's a bad thing, because she looked very good.

Rob Lowe may have defected at just the right time.

Who is writing this stuff? I wonder if the general malaise of Bartlet's WW is a reflection of the post-Sorkin writing team.

The rotten fish on Josh's desk pretty much spoke for the whole episode.

Jacob and Ishmael was a good episode. More like a play than a TV script, though the previous episode was much the same in that respect.

And what's the calendar about? Did I miss the 5 seconds where they actually explain that?

Is this a return to the pre-Let Bartlet be Bartled daze, where everyone was wandering around afraid to take a stand for something?

Tom Skerritt gave us the Dem perspective of Reagan's SDI program. "Who cares if it works?"