GreaseSpot Cafe

Upgrading

pawtucket

Over the next few weeks, we will be moving some things around. The main site was moved without incident last week.

There are some tests to be done this week. If successful, then more moving following that. This may involve closing down the forums for a day or so. The forums, if everything goes right, will remain intact.

Also if any of you sent me an email in the past 10 days and have not gotten a response, please resend. Changing the email didn't go as smooth as possible.

Feel free to use this thread as a place for suggestions that you would like to see on the main site.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up.

If the forums disappear for a day, and you're jonesin' for gab...you can come to my house...I have iced tea and special water.

Beware of cats (2) and portions of fresh fruit and/or dark chocolate are welcome. The coffee pot will be on for those who insist on a hot beverage. There's only a little wine in the fridge, so if you want something, I'm afraid you'll have to bring your own. I'm on a fixed income.

Yes, Pawtucket, it was from his suggestion. But I won't force anyone to drink it. I have the straight stuff too!

[now this admission just M&A'd me from the majority of those that post here....sigh...]

quote:
Originally posted by krysilis:

[now this admission just M&A'd me from the majority of those that post here....sigh...]

I hope you're joking wink2.gif;)--> - I'd love to try some of that "special" water, despite being on the "other side" on that thread.

Personally, I like the "water" that is carefully aged in oak barrels down in Lynchburg, Tennessee icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

• 2 weeks later...

when we do the changeover of the forums, we may have to use a database about a week old. We are having more difficulty than expected. So I would suggest that anyone that started a topic in the past week to ten days, make a copy of your thread as we may have to do a cut and paste. I thought having the thread starter would have an interest in preserving his/her info.

If all goes well, we should have something in the next week to start testing.

Will we have access to the old forums at the

same time, at least as a read-only?

It would make it easier for, say, Triple Movie Links if we

could just hand-copy over the last 2-3 steps.

It would pre-emptively defuse claims of

"you deleted my thread because of a conspiracy to keep

me down" and the like as well....