GreaseSpot Cafe

Upgrading

pawtucket

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no no no......

When we first registered, we filled out a form. We had to fill our names, real names....and screen names. Both are there.

In submitting that form, you decided whether your real name would be displayed...and most of us said "no". So most of us won't have an issue with longin vs real name.....

I just logged out and tried to establish a new account just to see how it worked.....but don't try to gain a second account...there is only 1 to a customer...I promise.

Specific steps to change login name. Everyone should have permissions to do this:

• Be logged in

• On the blue menu line toward the top of the page, click GO

• Click My Space (should take you to your profile)

• You should see a short summary of your profile

• Click the "View/Edit Complete Profile" link on the RIGHT side of the screen.

• Under "Private Profile Fields" is a USERNAME field -- This is your login ID.

• Under "Public Profile Fields" (further down the page) is a DISPLAY NAME field, this is what is shown next to your posts as the poster name.

• Change the USERNAME field to be what you want displayed in the new forums.

• Change the DISPLAY NAME field to be blank (empty - which tells the software to use the USERNAME field for display) or the same as the USERNAME field (which has the same effect).

• Click the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page.

Be sure to remember what you put in USERNAME field. It is what you will use to log in with.

Hi, My name is Belle and I'm a pack rat. redface.gif:o-->

Hi, Belle

Is there an easy way to save ALL my privates? I'm familiar with the "print friendly version" view, but I'd really prefer a quicker, easier way to save them.

Any tips, ideas?

That's too manual, Tom! I'm a lazy pack rat. I know there's GOT to be an easier way. That's why I have the job I have. I always find the quickest, easiest way to get things done. icon_cool.gif

Write a couple o programs that automate stuff and they have no idea how long it takes to get things done, so you have plenty of time to, say, post on your favorite website. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I have a feeling one of our web gurus will be able to make a suggestion that will save our little fingers. I'm "believing" they will, anyway. angelkit.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Bob:

Specific steps to change login name. Everyone should have permissions to do this:

• Under "Public Profile Fields" (further down the page) is a DISPLAY NAME field, this is what is shown next to your posts as the poster name.

• Change the USERNAME field to be what you want displayed in the new forums.

• Change the DISPLAY NAME field to be blank (empty - which tells the software to use the USERNAME field for display) or the same as the USERNAME field (which has the same effect)
Well done Bob. I do not have this.

Maybe I should relocate the Shaving Shack! I don't want no ign'rent hairy bodies in my chair!

And maybe I'll hide it real good....and only give out directions to special people via private topics.

hmmmmmmm

Posters cannot change their own Display Name. That is the handle you chose to use. But you can change your User Name. That is the name you log-in with.

When we move to the new forums, the name that will transfer as your handle is your User Name, NOT your Display Name, which is your handle here.

If your User Name, which you CAN change, is something other than your handle, please change it so it is the same as your handle.

Some people have used their own names as their User Name. If you don't want your name as your handle, then please change it so that your User Name is the same as your Display Name.