GreaseSpot Cafe

Upgrading

pawtucket

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think a "throw tomatoes at poster" or some kind of equivalent would be appropriate, along with a "do something nice" for poster. Sometimes people don't know what kind of effect their posts are having.

people could anomously evaluate said posts.

Who knows, maybe it would be cruel.. some folks would get a pretty nasty beating..

quote:
quote:

people could anomously evaluate said posts.

I dunno, would seem to me, this smacks of backstabbing. If you can't say something to someone's 'face', then it's really not worth saying.

I agree... I think it works just fine now with the policy of "if you can't say something good about someone, say something bad!"

I wanted to give you an update.

We have done a test transfer and we were able move the existing threads to the new site. There are a few things that can't be moved but all minor (avatars and a few other settings in your personal profile)

Make sure that your email is correct in your profile. We were not able to transfer your passwords. So when you log onto the new system, you will check "forgot password" and it will send it to your email address.

I am going to set up a special email address for you to send me your avatars and I will upload them for your use. I believe that the current library will come with the move

What's the largest height/width/dimensions for avatars on the new site?

I was trying to find something that fit in the dimensions of the

CURRENT board, and it's almost impossible to fit it-it's TEENY.

I have a few different "WordWolf" specific avatars, and NONE of them

fit here.

quote:
Originally posted by pawtucket:

the default is 80*80 and the max is 100*100

Can we get 100*100, then?

My 3 unique WordWolf icons STILL won't quite fit, but I have 1 or 2 things I can

use.

If anyone could resize my images and send me back a smaller iteration of them,

I'd appreciate it....

The move is going very well.

We are going to use a gallery addon that ties in with the forums. And after that we are going to tie in the chat room to it also.

There are some exciting new features that we will start telling you about in the coming weeks.

We will be able to move all of the current posts to the new forum!!! And much of this whole process is thanks to fellow poster "Bob" He has written all the scripting that we will need to make the transfer. I thank you very much for all the hard work you have done to accomplish this.

And I would be remiss in not extending my great thanks to the Mod team. They have been mental health savers. (They are busy sizing up the new place for leaks and holes.