GreaseSpot Cafe

Scanner Shopping....

ChasUFarley

My computer needs a new toy. My old scanner isn't compatible - and it's older than dirt, but it was a good one! I've been out of the market for so long now that I don't know what's good anymore - and don't want to take the salesmen's word for it, if you know what I mean.

I don't want to spend a lot of money - I don't need the fastest, highest-res, or all that, but I do need one that can scan slides, photos, etc. and that connects via a USB port - although they probably all do by now.

Anyhow, you guys were awesome with the good advise when I was getting my new computer, so let's see what you have to say about a scanner...

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Oh, one more thing... I'm not big on multi-function items, like scanner/printer/fax machines, because if one component dies, then you loose the rest when you're getting it replaced - it's a pain... just my thoughts on it, anyhow.

I thought that might be it...

I almost pulled the trigger on a 50 last night on eBay - it was only $47 (inc. shipping) and NIB (not recon'd) - maybe I'll do some more shopping tonight. I read up on reviews and it did dandy - the biggest complaint was that it was a little slow - but anything is an improvement to what I have now, which is zippo...