GreaseSpot Cafe

So long fron the !’s

Cindy!

We have a very busy year coming up!!!

We have a new high schooler, a cheerleader, two chorus participants, 1 band participant, 1 boy scout, 1 cub scout, one on student council, and then there are the clubs too numerous to mention.

PLUS….Steve! is making waves, advancing in the corporate world, and teaching at the university part-time, I am on the leadership team for my school, writing curriculum for a new writing course for my school, as well as a few other teams and clubs…plus starting a new honor society this coming year….as well as being parents to four very healthy, very active, and very involved kids.

Not to mention, the beginning of my masters degree program.

We may not be leaving permanently (whoever does that posts about it???), we just wanted to let those we care about on GS know that getting in touch with us through GS is going to be very difficult. Email would work much better. Our emails are in our profiles….and most of our friends have our cell numbers.

We would be less than honest if we did not admit that this decision was influenced , to a large degree, by some behavior here on “the spot”. We are very thankful, grateful, etc.. for those here who are honest, straightforward, and without agenda.

Steve! and I talked about it and we decided that after his 5000th post….we would be done for a while. Maybe for good.

In February or March, we will be going to Atlanta for the surgery I need so that we can have a baby. If you are in the area and want to meet up for dinner the night we arrive, please email either Steve or me. (though I prolly won’t be eating much, due to the surgery comin up!)

In March or April Steve and I will be taking our yearly trip to get away from the cold of Chicago…we’ll probably be going to Las Vegas…and would love to meet anyone in that area.

In the summer…we’re booking a houseboat for a week…we’re looking at Kentucky, North Carolina, Illinois, and Tennessee.

As I said…this break from the forums may not be permanent….but we didn’t want to leave for our hiatus without a word!

So long for now!!!

(this was composed by both Steve! and me)

!'s,

Oh, you guys will be back. Sure you say there are more important things in life than posting at the Greasespot. Things like interaction with the kids, job performance and continuing education. But those of us who are HOOKED know that we have to get our Greasespot fix before any of that non-essential stuff icon_biggrin.gif:D-->.

Ya'll are big contributors here so I'm hoping you won't be gone for long!

sudo

quote:
Steve! and I talked about it and we decided that after his 5000th post….we would be done for a while. Maybe for good.

Hmmmm. May he be slow to post! icon_smile.gif:)-->

Ummm -- how many more does he have before reaching *whoda thunk it?* icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Good luck to y'a!!.

Here's hoping you'll at least visit from time to time. icon_cool.gif

David

Dave, Steve! hit 5,000 yesterday or the day before (see the Triple Movie links thread):

Steve!'s 5000th post:

quote:
Originally posted by Steve!:

Home Alone

Joe Pesci

My Cousin Vinnie

Bye guys, will miss you both very much.

Glad that life is going so well for you all.

Having suffered so much, we tend to treasure the good times even more so.

I will miss reading of your triumphs.

If you end up vacationing anywhere near tenn, let me know...I`d love to get together.