GreaseSpot Cafe

Terry and Bronte (Borshiem) Christian 11th Corps

J0nny Ling0

Actually they came on Staff while I was at HQ. They came on Staff around 1997. They left the same year I did, 2001, to be the BCs in Tennessee, I think Nashville. I don't know about the Corps Alumni thing. I saw Terry at the ACS in 2002, and he was doing great. He said Bronte was great also. I think they went to Tennessee to be closer to aging parents.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Terri and Bronte were BCs in Boston in the late 90s. They went on staff in 98. Saw them there in 2000 during the aniversary.

They were still corpse when they left boston. If they were demoted, it was after they left Boston (might have something to do with that disaster marriage he promoted, which lasted a month...Hayward Chappell even suffered for it with a demotion).

quote:
Still in The Way, but doing great. Sounds like a contradictory statement...

Well, of course it does if you are out of your cult mentality. But he was still in cult mentality at that time, and so was I. Who at an ACS says they are doing horrible? Nobody ever says that when they are at a big way shin dig.

At that time, I was so tormented about my involvement in twi. I had a nice big advanced class grad face on for all of my friends. I was involved in a dead-end relationship. But it was all good. I was an active adv class grad who was getting married the following summer. Boy did things get shook up two weeks after that. I left the damn cult, and I can truly say things have progressed nicely and improved over 100% in my life. I have a REAL man now, and I am happy to be with him for the rest of my days.

quote:
What disaster marriage? And who promoted it? TC or HC?

It was a marriage of two TWIts that should never had happened. They were friends, but the guy was prodded into marrying her by Terry.

Terry was shocked as hell when it blew up in his face a month after the ceremony. Of course, it was all the poor TWIt's fault for not being honest with him on how he really felt about the girl. Like any TWIt could ever be honest to a corpse when they disagreed with them.

Me thinks Terry and Bronte wanted to play match-maker too much. Hell, they didn't have anything else to do besides paperwork for TWI all day long.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

And yeah, Chwester (how ya doin?) I wanna know how good ol Terry is doin these days too. Doesn't s'prise me that he played match maker though. He was big on that. Anyway, you and Terry are great memories in my life, and I am glad to have gotten to know you both. Sadly, Terry "dissed me" badly when I decided to leave The Way. I called him once to tell him of my newborn son Miles Riley Christian Nye, but he hung up on me because, as he said to me that day; "You are nothing but a cop out Nye, you spit in God's face". Thank God I also have a big brother named Christian whom I also named my beautiful son after...

• 8 months later...
And yeah, Chwester (how ya doin?) I wanna know how good ol Terry is doin these days too. Doesn't s'prise me that he played match maker though. He was big on that. Anyway, you and Terry are great memories in my life, and I am glad to have gotten to know you both. Sadly, Terry "dissed me" badly when I decided to leave The Way. I called him once to tell him of my newborn son Miles Riley Christian Nye, but he hung up on me because, as he said to me that day; "You are nothing but a cop out Nye, you spit in God's face". Thank God I also have a big brother named Christian whom I also named my beautiful son after...

Jonny---I hope that phone call to him was a long time ago. I hope that by now we are all mature enough and wise enough to know better than to treat each other like that. I would really like to talk to him if he is not "waybrained" anymore. Just to say hello and see how he is doing. Probably the best friend I ever had.

Ya know Chris, that conversation was a very long time ago. Back in '92 when it was not "spiritually" right to speak to anyone who didn't stand with The Way. But now, things have changed there somewhat, and even though under the surface they (Wayfers) still think we are "cop outs", they have been"allowed" to be friendly with we "cop outs" once again. And so, if you do locate him, he very well may be friendly to you. I had a nice e-mail conversation with a guy by the name of Kerry Hostetter who is/was a staffer at HQ, and he was very nice and acted relived that he had been given "spiritual permission" to speak with an Ex-Way. And he chattered on and on as we recalled good times that we'd had living to gether for a year. This was after Craig got busted for porking that one dudes wife. At any rate, I'll just betcha that there are a lot of "Innies" who are relieved that they have been allowed to speak with Ex-Ways, and when they do, maybe are even friendly. And maybe Terrence Worth Christian might be one of those. But man oh man was he rude and wicked to me when I had that conversation with him. It was like his wonderful good old loving heart had turned black like an evil sickness. Weird it was...

• 7 months later...