GreaseSpot Cafe

If you're still in..

Allan

..and reading through GS posts let me say..there are some who left bitter and 'twisted',there are some who left and 'dissed' God and His Word,there are some here who never were involved in twi at all!! and there are some who are still into 'moving with the things of God', which one you will be is ENTIRELY up to you,just don't decide 'better to stay with the 'devil' you know' just because of some peoples OPINIONS.

Bless you, Allan.

quote:
there are some who left bitter and 'twisted

Sadly, I think the MOST twisted, are those who carry the evil doctrine and practice they learned in TWI, and try to jam it down people's throats.

Sure- may as well go start your own ministry of misery..

NOTE: I am NOT labelling all offshoots as such.

But they just adore the tough love concept. If people disagree, beat them like h*ll with a few more bible verses.. DEMAND loyalty. DEMAND "old line grads" to tow the line.

That's twisted.

Should've figured it out- it didn't work in TWI. What makes the individuals think it will work outside of TWI?

I think people still in should have the "priviledge" to read this stuff. Look what kind of toad "they" are going to turn YOU into, if you stay around long enough. I've posted a lot of what I was turned into. And a lot wasn't very pretty..

If you're still in...

consider this:

Remember those dreams you had of a professional career?...or of starting your own business, buying a home and raising a family? Remember how you wanted to plant roots in one place and build a life for yourself? How you wanted to get that college degree and establish yourself in the community?...

Forget it...If you're still in twi...you have no future. They will manipulate you and use you...get you to sacrifice all your dreams and labor for their ungodly cause. You will miss out on the important things in your life because you have decided to believe false doctrines and give your allegience to people who do not care about you or your future...

As long as you are involved with twi, your life is in limbo...nothing productive will happen for you...you will be fed more lies and you will continue to spin your wheels...your personal life will be in free fall, while the users and abusers you give your allegience to will be profiting off of your life...until you are all used up and then they will discard you...

I'm making this up? Sorry...I speak the truth...been there, done that.

If you're still in...or not...and you think that many of us "left bitter and 'twisted'" or "left and 'dissed' God and His Word", then you are seeing the effects of being in twi...

You see, these things are 'fruit' of the twi spirit.

• bitter

Bitterness is symbolical of affliction, misery, and servitude (Ex. 1:14; Ruth 1:20; Jer. 9:15). The Chaldeans are called the "bitter and hasty nation" (Hab. 1:6). The "gall of bitterness" expresses a state of great wickedness (Acts 8:23). A "root of bitterness" is a wicked person or a dangerous sin (Heb. 12:15). The Passover was to be eaten with "bitter herbs" (Ex. 12:8; Num. 9:11). The kind of herbs so designated is not known. Probably they were any bitter herbs obtainable at the place and time when the Passover was celebrated. They represented the severity of the servitude under which the people groaned; and have been regarded also as typical of the sufferings of Christ.

• twisted

To alter the normal aspect of; contort: twist one's mouth into a wry smile.

To alter or distort the intended meaning of: The cross-examiner twisted the words of the witness. See Synonyms at distort.

To alter or distort the mental, moral, or emotional character of: The trauma twisted the child's outlook.

Idioms:

leave to twist/leave twisting in the wind

To abandon (someone) to a bad situation, often as a recipient of blame: “If our envoy was so blameless, why had she been left to twist in the wind?” (William Safire).

twist (someone's) arm Slang

To coerce by or as if by physical force: If you twist my arm, I'll stay for a second beer.

• dis

To show disrespect to, often by insult or criticism.

(All above definitions taken from Dictionary.com.)

The longer one was in twi, the longer it takes to get twi out of one's mind.

BUT...

There is hope!

Pert near everybody here is an example of the hope that twi will finally begin to leave one's brain.

This forum documents the process, though, so it won't always be 'pretty'...

Because twi brain is a stinky, acerbic (bitter), metastasizing cancer of the brain waves...

And cutting it out isn't always fine surgery...and rarely is done under anesthesia...so the pain is often excruciatingly unbearable...and sometimes one just has to vomit it all out.

But, dammit, it's getting out! And life without twi cancer is a good life indeed!

quote:
there are some who left...

....who have found the world utterly different than described by the powers that be in TWI

...who have found meaningful and productive lives outside

...who have found a reasonable amount of peace and contentment

...who are glad to be out from under the thumb of those that would use them to their own ends.

...who are glad to be thinking for themselves, determining their own actions ,and making their own decisions