GreaseSpot Cafe

30 years ago this month....

act2

30 yrs.? Jesh!!!

P.F.A.L 76-Miami Fla. W.O.W 77-Ames Iowa/80-Leesville LA. Come to think of it I moved every year that I was in TWI. Twice some years. Would I do it over again? Yes cause at the time TWI gave me a reason bigger than myself to stay alive. At the time I was contemplating ending it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi imbus, I am glad you were found by someone in TWI. The message you received may not have been the perfect message but God has a way of making it work like He did for you.

hiway29, your name is familiar but I can't remember everyone that was around back then. Did you have a crush on one of the Vickies? Do you remember there were two? I also wanted to tell you that Nathan witnessed to my husband so how could I not love my experience in SFV?

WordWolf, I understand that some people want to remain private but don't understand why TWI would care about any of us. They didn't care that much when we were in so why start now? I don't care what seaspray may believe now. He is a big boy and can decide what he wants to believe. Is there something I am missing with your message? I don't post or read here that often but I expect everyone has there own agenda. I was just interested in who seaspray is and not necessarily what he believes. I guess there are other threads for that.

It's been fun reading everyones posts. Jewel

I remember there were 2 Vickies, jewel. One was an aspiring actress and model, the other was my wow sister. One was, er-'out of my league', the other got married not long after the wow year, so any 'crush' I may have had would have been futile. I did keep in touch with my wow sister for many years though, and even spent a Thanksgiving at her house one year after I moved back to the area.

I didn't know that Nathan witnessed to your husband. Nathan was one fine fellow, and I've tried to hunt him down now and then. Last I heard he moved a couple of hours away from here, but I would love to see him again.

Hi hiway, I remember now which Vickie was your WOW sister. She did get married and they were in my branch. She was a sweet girl. I hope she is doing well. Nathan, I heard , moved somewhere east of L.A. near the mountains. I would love to talk with him again too.

WOW (pardon the pun)...30 years? Are y'all getting old or what?

Let's see, I met Chuck & Margie in Lancaster, PA...took the class, never did go WOW (is that my saving grace?) I don't know, I don't worry about it...

They, along with Chuck's brother Bob, Janice, Skip & Danny...literally changed my life.

Oh, Bo and Sandy too! Truly awesome examples of what the Word says!

The Word may have had a little part in there (wink-wink)

So many men and women have crossed my path since then, yet I thank God that most of my memories have been good.

Chuck sleeps now and is awaiting the return; but to Margie and the girls, Janice, Skip, Danny, Bo & Sandy... My heart remains big, open and I am not afraid to love because of y'all...I will always love you and have never ceased remembering you in my prayers! After 30 years...y'all are the best and I will not think otherwise!

As far as all the rest of the stuff...God put us on here on this planet for a little while, He put us together for some reason, I suppose we will continue to work it out...one day at a time!

Thanks

To all that have posted to this thread: Thanks from the bottom of my heart. I guess it has renewed my 'faith' a little. There were good times and bad times, but it helps to keep those good times in the forefront and learn from the bad times.

I just returned from a weekend in AR visiting my almost 5-yr old goddaughter, Sarah Jane. Some of you may remember her from pix that I posted after Paw started the 'Pictures'.