GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way now has three vice-presidents?

Royal Gorge

confused.gifHHAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA

Keep it small? hummmmmmmmmm, no doesn't sound familiar. Especially since the LATEST sunday snoorvest topic is the Rise and Expansion Book!!!!

And I quote " It's been 10 years since we have accomplished that awesome vision and goal of the

Word over the world- Now we are taking the prevailing Word to the World!"

That doesn't sound like "small" exhortation to me. The whole teaching is about how "we can be just like the first century believers by rising and expanding."

They quote from LCM's book, but dare not use his name.

Odd

What hypocrisy.

quote:
And I quote " It's been 10 years since we have accomplished that awesome vision and goal of the

Word over the world- Now we are taking the prevailing Word to the World!"

Is that like saying, "We got the Word over the world so now we're going to really get the Word over the world"?

Huh?

Maybe it's code for " now we are going to take the way ministry word to ya"

icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

" theres gotta be somthin more, gotta be more than this- I need a little less hard times, I need a little more bliss......" Sugarland

quote:
Is that like saying, "We got the Word over the world so now we're going to really get the Word over the world"?

Huh?

Hmmm....

I thought that the "word" being "over the world" meant that you didn't have to "take it" to them.

How do we know that "the word" is "over the world"? Because Martindale got "revelation" that it was. The decision to proclaim WOW was not based on anything that you could point your finger at and say "see: the word must be over the world!", but on the word of a man who couldn't figure out that it was WRONG to have sex with women not his wife.

quote:
Originally posted by Georgio Jessio:

I just had a very long conversatio with some innies and they claim that The Way is great now and that the problem before was that there were too many members. They're actually keeping it SMALL on purpose.

Well I've always felt that they now like to play up the concept that those remaining in TWI are "the best of the best" and its only now in Way history that its down to "real" believers. Basically way leaders bulls***t around the huge loss of membership as if it were all part of some grand plan (and God's) to burn the chaff and dump the dead wood. To a hard core wayfer this is music since it appeals to their need to be one of the "chosen few". Of course some use the term "koolaid drinker" to describe such people.

The Way knows that it has peaked though they have made plenty of money so its not like they are hurting at this point so they can afford to behave as if the massive loss of people means nothing to them but we all know (As do they) that it is a major source of irritation since they aren't expanding as they should be. It goes against all their teachings about growth and expansion. But of course Way leaders never worried themselves about explaining signficant inconsistenices in Way teaching and actual behavior since they basically tell their followers what they should be thinking, when, and how. In terms of growth there is very little fruit at TWI and what little there is , is very sour and tainted.

So, they're teaching craig's R&E and they're talking expansion out of one side of their mouth, but out of the other side they're still playing up the "precious remnant" teachings? Not surprising. Not surprising that the die hards either don't see it, refuse to acknowldge it or are afraid to mention it.

IMO, the innies are probably glad to have the "precious remnant" teachings and excuses because it frees them from the oppressive admonitions to witness, sign people up for the classes and go door to door. icon_smile.gif:)-->