GreaseSpot Cafe

"Help Wanted"

Ham

Well, lets just imagine ole JL finally tries to shoot himself you know where, and he misses.

It's time to push up the nice pretty flowers in the spring..

But with such an "important" job, they just CAN'T leave it to the ordinary staffer..

Rosie runs a want ad.

"Help Wanted."

"Must be muscular, gorgeous, unmarried, can take out a cat at 1000 yards with a slightly used beretta, not afraid to chase "bad characters" off of cemetary property, and be able to use a computer to track down "hoodlums".

Salary at best will be "negotiable".

Benefits are sketchy, but the "right person" should get some REAL enjoyment out of the possibilities with this employment.

Send pictures, qualifications, and resume to,

"Rosie"

Box 666

New Knoxville, OH

Ham, I wonder if he did shoot himself. My ex is supposedly contemplating a job offer to go to HQ. His background is law enforcement and he definitely has all the requirements:

He's extremely handsome and in impeccable shape (6-pack abs 365 days out of the year)

He is unmarried

He can take out not only a cat, but the rat the cat is chasing at 1000 yards. He has his own gun collection, so John can keep the beretta.

He lives for encounters with "bad characters". It allows him the perfect excuse for taking out all his frustrations. He's extremely computer literate and can even show John how to find websites he's probably not found yet.

He only uses vacation time for ministry events and doesn't have any retirement funds to speak of and doesn't seem to care, so negotiations would be quick and painless for Rosie.

Why would someone WANT to go on staff at HQ? Why go willingly?

The only thing I can figure is he's so bitter about the divorce that he's decided to never get married again. He's so angry about life that the requisite day to day interaction with people who are happy, healthy and living the life he wanted and dreamed about just p1sses him off.

He has been so beat down by TWI that he doesn't trust his own judgement anymore, so that can avoided if one turns their life whole hog over to TWI. They'll tell you where to live, when and what to eat, where you can go, how to spend what little money they let you have, who you can spend time with and how much you can spend on taking care of yourself. You're so insulated from the real world that you don't have to face reality or even make any decisions that you don't want to. There's always someone around to tell you what to do.

Who wouldn't want to move to hq?

quote:
Originally posted by Belle:

Why would someone WANT to go on staff at HQ? Why go willingly?

Belle,

I hope he takes a good, LONG look at the prospects.

A few years ago, a good friend of mine was asked to take a job at HQ. He quit his very successful business to help, as any good TWI-er would. His wife was equally infatuated with TWI, so they both moved to Ohio. Only then, somehow, there was no job opening. Shattered, they left Ohio for another state. My friend never recovered his self-esteem, and after his savings were used up, killed himself. icon_frown.gif:(-->

Of course, I think he should have picked himself up and gone on with his life, but TWI is clearly responsible for his death. mad.gif

If your ex really considers moving to HQ, make sure he gets the job offer IN WRITING, with EVERYTHING spelled out, and hires a good lawyer.

George

George, I'm so sorry for your friend! I really hope that doesn't happen to my ex. He's really been beat up by them and continues to think that all the problems and unhappiness in his life is because so many refuse to "hear the truth" and are "weak in the face of adversity". He thinks I and his family have hurt him. Furthermore he thinks that if he could just be better at jumping through TWI's hoops that he'll finally see those blessings they keep promising God has in store for his kids.

He won't talk to me and those who keep me informed as to how he's doing are reluctant to get involved, and rightly so. All I can do is sit on the sidelines and watch through my fingers. I continue to pray that he'll wake up one day and get his life together.

Well, who knows.. maybe a week under rosies "care" will be enough to wake him up.. I would hope.

But sadly, look at L*nd*r. Stuck in the middle of a cornfield.. and I bet staff meetings are NOT very pleasant either.

Unless he is a "lucky" one, he lives with his job and his employer, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week..

Who knows. Maybe he's got health issues over it..

Edited for da accuracy of things..

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

I don't know, but I am guessing...

Staffers must absolutly believe that God will take care of them.

I say this because...

1. When they get that form from Socicial Security each year with the amount they are estimated to receive from the government. I should be obvious that the government won't take care of them when they are old enough to retire.

2. With the "wages" that twi pays, staffers are not living the average, let alone abundant life financially in the here and now.

3. Staffers must be taking notice of how many stafferes have actually retired and receiving any type of retirement benifets (with the exception of, BOD, former BOD, spouse of former BOD).

I understanding is that a mojority of staffers are honest and hard working. They should be paid an honest wage for honest work. (they should look at what the average wage for what they are doing is compared to what they are receiving).

Again I say, they must believe that God will take care of them. They should not expect too much help from the GOV. (Social Security is base on how much you contribute) or twi (just look at there track record of helping people).

Yep. And leave it to rosie and crew to "lay off", for a LITTLE while. Why, they'll probably roll out the red carpet..

Reluctantly, rosie might even muster up a smile or two.

I hope he has the common sense to see what's coming.

quote:
He can take out not only a cat, but the rat the cat is chasing at 1000 yards

Belle, they can't have that. Plus, imagine the headlines-

"President of der vey taken out in local shooting".

"Man exonerated. 'I honestly thought it was a big rat'"...

That's the kind of headline I'd love to see, Ham!

He's been burned pretty bad at HQ before and I have no idea how he continues to justify what they've done to him. Hopefully, if he does go, then having to move back home with his parents yet again when they burn him one more time will be the final straw.

Yep. Seeems to me, the job in law enforcement is almost thankless enough to begin with- pretty tough job- and they need all the thanks they can get.

I can almost hear old rosie- "you expect us to THANK YOU for doing your JOB???"

I got similar "encouragement" for doing stuff for "them" on a VOLUNTEER basis.

I wonder how much of a stomach L*nd*r still has.