GreaseSpot Cafe

How to insult anybody without them even knowing you did it..

Ham

(Syrupy sugar mode on)

Why mah de-ah, ya-ll sound so sweet and chah-ming and all. Why, I bet Mizz Scah-lett would be so-o proud that you 'get' the Southern way and all.

(Sickly sugar mode OFF) icon_razz.gif:P-->

However, since I have lived in the South for the better part of 25-30 years, I have caught on to the game a lot more than my 'blunt Yankee' manner might lead you to believe. Which might be an advantage for me more than is immediately apparent. Perhaps its my Yankee version of your example of the redneck out-fooling that someone. ... Maybe we catch on to the game more than you realize.

So, I will indeed keep mah 'endearing' "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn" attitude. I find that that is more effective at keeping *my* self-esteem up than utilizing the Scarlett O'Hara approach. ... And makes me more proud that I'm a damn Yankee. wink2.gif;)-->

Besides, you know what they say about what happens when you eat too much candy.

icon_razz.gif:P--> icon_razz.gif:P--> icon_razz.gif:P--> icon_razz.gif:P-->

Belle,

I wish to apologize for my recent posts here. I guess I was taking/responding to this topic more seriously than I needed to. From my standpoint, I could relate a lot to what AdiosMiCorazon said in an earlier post here:

quote:
As a transplant to the South, I was so hurt by people's actions. I grew up in New England and if you want to insult someone you do it out in the open. Then I came down south and people would seem to be so nice, but they were just being polite and hiding behind that facade.

I would think people were truly my friends, only to learn that they hated me and said so behind my back. Very hurtful things I would not say about my worst enemy.

because I experienced much the same thing, especially the condescending part. So I apparently let that sore spot bleed into my posts here.

Anywho, I think I'll leave this particular game, thank you. With no ill will towards you.

Peace,

Because Belle has so perfectly described RFR's modus operandi, I'm not saying much in this thread, lest I say something I regret. I'll say this much, though. Rosalie is the queen of smiling at you, with syrup dripping from her mouth, while stabbing you in the back. I don't find that kind of deceit "charming" or "cute," personally. Give me the open, in-your-face Yankee insult any day!

redface.gif:o--> I'm beginning to feel as though my integrity and character are being compromised. Just for the record, I repeat:

quote:
I don't always agree with southern ways, but I know and understand it very well having grown up in it.

I'm sure (well, I hope anyway) that anyone who knows me personally can vouch for the fact that I have not played those games in many years and sometimes I can make a New Yorker blush with my assertiveness/ vocabulary. It's how I was raised and, like I said, it's not talked about, the lessons are very subtle. I am, however, as kind and hospitable as possible and have a knack for disarming people and making quick friends.

Garth, I wasn't insulted and I hope you weren't either. I actually enjoyed the banter. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Belle love3.gif, I wasn't questioning your character at all. I understood that you were just saying you "get" the Southern duplicity because you grew up around it. I was just saying it's not a quality I think very highly of.

I think it's interesting how the different cultures we live within affect our thinking and behavior.

I like for people to know where they stand with me. If I don't like something, I say so. Rosalie used to tell me I was "too vocal." Thank God I was. I spoke up when she pulled her two-faced tricks on me and left HQ. I suppose I owe her a big vote of thanks for being the catalyst for me to begin breaking away from twi.