GreaseSpot Cafe

Anybody got the words?

Snoballer

which WP group did that? not bad theologically but could use improvement

I remember him and his "spiritual suspicion" thing.  Heck, the man was mad!  In fact, he spent - oh, two "semesters" of Corps Night "teachings" ranting about homo infiltration.  A shocking number of people got dismissed.  Impossible to even consider some of them being homosexual.  He claimed to have caught two staff men in bed together  in a room in Founders Hall -- anyway, they got dismissed.  Who knows the real reason they got sent away?  They weren't there to argue their case. 

The man was mad - crazy - but not really at them.  He was frustrated at his own wife taking up with Rosie, couldn't do anything about it, so he hit everyone else instead. 

Without particularly wanting to make a comment about Donna - with a husband like him, who couldn't keep his pants zipped, a serial predator and f-cker of other men's wives - why wouldn't she look elsewhere?  (If he'd been my husband, which praise the Lord he wasn;t), I think I might have been tempted to carry out a little surgery... If thine eye offend thee, pluck it out. If thy hand offend thee, cut it off.  If thy foot offend thee, cut it off.  And if parts in the middle offend thee...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

which WP group did that? not bad theologically but could use improvement

That wasn't exactly a WP group. That was T0m Burk3's  "Many Ways."  The early 80s was when lcm decided he had to be in EVERYTHING. So, he showed up at the beginning of this album of satirical songs and talked about satire and the songs for a few minutes. 

The singer has done several other albums since. Around 1989 he did "A Fistful of Scriptures" (which wasn't mean to anybody.)   He did several other albums later, and the links above link to them.  If there's more updated news than that, I don't have it.

1 hour ago, WordWolf said:

That wasn't exactly a WP group. That was T0m Burk3's  "Many Ways."  The early 80s was when lcm decided he had to be in EVERYTHING. So, he showed up at the beginning of this album of satirical songs and talked about satire and the songs for a few minutes. 

The singer has done several other albums since. Around 1989 he did "A Fistful of Scriptures" (which wasn't mean to anybody.)   He did several other albums later, and the links above link to them.  If there's more updated news than that, I don't have it.

Which links? The ones posted in 2005 by WhiteDove don't have anything on them anymore. The ones linking to cortright's website provide a non-working telephone number, even though people can take their phone numbers with them to different telecom carriers. And it doesn't provide an email address for Burke.

Edited by Rocky

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:37 PM, Rocky said:

Fret not brother Jimbo. There were plenty of others (of us) who went through one year in residence but didn't return for the second one.

Yes, twi was big on the guilt but I got over it and have been thankful for a long time that I didn't go back to graduate from the corpse.

I'm sorry I did.