GreaseSpot Cafe

104 hours!!!

CoolWaters

I want to put Sunday sermons up on the 'net so others can freely listen to them. The files are compressed. The average sermon is 57 minutes.

The little "estimated time left" bar tells me it's going to take 104 hours for EACH sermon to upload to my host files!!!

Tell me there's a better way!

Tell me your secrets!!!

If ya ask Sudo really nicely, he has a program he might be willing to send you that will "degrade" the quality and make the file sizes smaller. Some of us use it on the nostalgia thread and it works really well...you just have to play with it a bit to get the right balance between quality and size. I no longer have the installation files so I can't send it myself.

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Ez cd creator platnium has a program called sound stream can take a mp3 file that is recorded at 128bps and re-rip it at 64bps which makes the file 1/2 size or 32bps which makes it 1/4 size. It will also allow you to cut the original file into segments (say 10 to 15 min each). This makes the files easier to upload/download and also pause and go back if you are taking notes.

I have used this for teleconferences and training sessions. Most good mp3 players and software can handle the re-riped files. I record them on an Iriver player/recorder

If you are recording the sermons from cd or tape you can set you ripper settings to the lowest possible bit rate that sounds acceptable and go from there(My Iriver only records linr in at 128kbps- its only drawback)