GreaseSpot Cafe

treatment of dyng in TWI

templelady

*bump*

all so very sad but true. imho, this is perhaps one of the clearest ways to find out how connected (or not) a group is to the foundational heart and mind of Christianity.

many of the world's best arts and histories of psychology, medicine and hospice and such came from within the church and were founded on the words of Jesus Christ.

most of the words, metaphors and sayings held to be most sacred by Christians have very much to do with such weightier matters.

and so a "minister of fire" is one who walks into such flames, not runs away from them.

quite easy to spot once you know what to look for.

and yes, they really do exist in the world.

plenty of them happening here.

and more all the time.

as we wake up.

Just when you think you've heard it all, another level of soullessness raises its head...

Such sad tales. Very sorry for all and especially the woman who had to have the termination.

My beloved grandfather died while I lived continents away. Too long and far to get back. He had been very formative in my youth. He'd always been a giver - he'd befriended a person who subsequently broke into his house and robbed him; the shock finished him, really. He died soon after, in my mother's arms. He died old and full of days - but it was still unexpected.

I only knew twiggies in this foreign country...not one person offered me a word of comfort.

We talked of her young son who had died and how the Way made her throw away memories of him and forbade her to speak of him.

Well, I guess we'd better burn down the VPWWOWA then. And cast the VPW statue bust into the inferno. Change Wierwille Road into Corn Row Road, or somethin...

Well, I guess we'd better burn down the VPWWOWA then. And cast the VPW statue bust into the inferno. Change Wierwille Road into Corn Row Road, or somethin...

actually, that is the best suggestion I've heard..

the only thing I would add: sow it with salt..

When my parents died (5 years apart, not at the same time) I received a lot of comfort and support from the believers in this area. I even received a telephone call from one of the people I was sponsoring in the corps at the time. She said I had been on her mind all day and she thought she should call me at my parent's home (due to distance, I usually only visited at holidays or over vacation). I believe it was inspiration. She was a great comfort to me also.

It hurts to read of the callous treatment so many of you received. Their behavior was inexcusable.

Your response was callous. (ie: insensitive, indifferent, unsympathetic)

Are you serious? Come on Waysider, I know you hate me over at the politics forum, but learn the differential between my political views and my attitude towards The Way. I would think that we are on the same "page" over here on the "About The Way" forum.

What I was saying here in this thread is that if The Way leaders told-and I can't remember which individual posted this that-:

We talked of her young son who had died and how the Way made her throw away memories of him and forbade her to speak of him.

All I am saying is that if The Way instructed this Bereaved Person to " throw away memories of him and forbade her/him to speak of him because "sin" killed him/her", then if The Way were to stay "true to form" (which they will not and we all know it), then THEY (The Way), should also blow up and get rid of all memory of VPW because he died because "sin" killed him! But of course, they are hypocrites and would never "own up" to such fallacies. Geez dude, unveil your eyes and read what is written!

Edited by ClayJay

I don't hate you ClayJay. We simply have differences of opinion at times. I said your response was callous because it appeared, to me, that your sarcasm was directed at the poster, not The Way. Perhaps if you had added this: ["THEY (The Way), should also blow up and get rid of all memory of VPW because he died because "sin" killed him!"] your point would have been clearer.

Edited by waysider

ANyone else know of anything similar--was this TWi WIde????

TheHighWay, on May 17 2006, 08:35 AM, said:

Nick Maxson (the organ guy) appears to be a nice guy on the surface but has been a twi sellout as long as I've known him (1983)... trading genuine concern for people for pushing the corporate line. Kudos to his organ-playing... that's quite a skill... but to me he is a candy shell filled with twi crap.

From Nato: That's a perfect description of him and his wife. They were long-time friends of my grandma, worked with her on staff for years. Later when she was dying of cancer, Nick kicked her out of their fellowship and hurt her deeply. I can only guess that it was because he was afraid she would die on his watch and he'd be in trouble. They acted sweet and deeply concerned at her funeral though. I truly hope he has trouble sleeping at night. But I doubt it.

Okay, so I mistakenly relied on "spell check", and wasn't attentive enough. But you know what I'm sayin. Anyway...

I was just clowning around...no offense intended. I thought we could share a laugh, perhaps that was misplaced. You're right, I knew exactly what you meant and your point is well taken.

Edited by Broken Arrow

So interesting..

so what if there really isn't something like divorce on the other side of existence..

one will have to live with their once associates, a long, long, long time..

scary thought, eh?

:biglaugh:

if you think the bickering and infighting is bad here..

anybody who leaves this existence.. gawd bless you friend..

this was just a short vacation..

I had a really really weird dream about two years ago.. and for one reason or another it sticks with me..

EVERYTHING was in that dream. My bike in the sixties. Both motorcycles. In the dream I was desperately trying to figure out how to resurrect the titles, and get them insured..

of course that didn't make much difference. I still rode the one.. no law enforcement officer seemed to want to bother me..

what else was in the dream..

all of the electronic junk I hauled home from god knows where to dismantle and experiment with..

all of the people.. friends, the ex, the kids.. every house I ever lived in..

weird, weird dream..

Ha! now. One was a Scwinn. we "modified" or chopped bicycles at the time..

the motorcycles: one was a Honda 360. It was nice around town.. the Honda 550 was well more suited for the road..

that was the one I was desperately trying to get road worthy in the dream..

Ha! it was only in my dreams..

there are only about three "experiences" in this life that seems to have meant something.. this dream was one of them..

and in all circumstances here.. I saw it coming.

the next circumstance.. I don't know. maybe I face that alone..

yeah.. everything is there..

including the stuff my brother's friend grew from seed from cambodian.. whatever it was..

maybe what it was grown had life of its own..

Its a possibility. Considering all anybody could say sounded like Donald Duck..

I really shouldn't say this s*it..

maybe it makes sense to somebody..