GreaseSpot Cafe

Pick the Next President of TWI From Greasespot

Eagle

And now, we want to choose a new president for TWI and it must be a greasespotter, just like the president of the United States must be a natural born U.S. citizen. But you don't have to be over 35.

Okay, if you pick yourself, I want campaign promises as to what you guys would do. The list could also include Greasespotters who have not visited for a while. Exie can still be TWI president.

There is Raf and year 2027 as two more possibilities. And you guys get to name more possibilities and why. It will be like Fantasy Island.

Tatoo will be out there saying, Da Ambassador One! Da Ambassadoe One! Boss! Da Ambassador One!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm thinking about it, Mr. 123..

Campaign promises, campaign promises.. lemmee see..

If the land cannot be legally given back to the Wierwille family..

1. Staffers will no longer be required to listen to rants during meals. They will be required to sit and listen to my jokes, however..

2. The Rock of Ages will resume. Only without the required meetings and work schedules. No charges to campers, except for minimal fees for waste disposal.

a. The "big top" will feature beer, nice waitresses, and some REAL talent..

3. The "Corps" chalet will cleaned out with a fire hose, and returned to the corps. Or anyone else who needs it, for that matter.

4. The auditorium will be available for local events, AT NO CHARGE.

5. Anybody who even SUGGESTS coming up with a new and improved seminar, required to be taken to be on the "who's who" list, will be smartly rapped in the head with a ballpeen hammer.

6. ALL classes and materials will FINALLY be thoroughly documented, with an exhaustive "works cited" page.

I would first grant an amnesty to all twi people, greasespotters, innies, cff, ces, and the rest.

I would open up the files and see what really went on. I would bring in an independent investigator and auditor to check the books.

I would fire bless patrol and rely on the sheriff for security.

I would stop the classes and all programs and send everybody home for a year to collect their thoughts.

I would bring all the best theological minds and see where twi's beliefs stack up. This would be a weeklong event and anyone on gsc or the offshoots that wanted to come and speak would be welcome.

After we got things settled we'd take a look at what kind of ministry we really wanted.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Hammeron

The "big top" will feature beer, nice waitresses, and some REAL talent..

Actually the big top has had beer served in it so you are too late. Do you really think that the people that played there had no talent? Ouch icon_eek.gif Ted and Socks... I'd have to disagree with you there Mr. Ham many of these fine people are still making beautiful music today. Sometimes their talent was restricted or underused maybe but certainly not lacking.

I declare my candidacy for President of the new and improved TWI. 1. admit

past sexual harassments by LCM and allowing former members to sue in both criminal and civil courts. 2. kick out Rosalie Rivenbark, Harve Platig, Jean-Louis what's his name, and other BOT/D, Robert and Dottie Moneyham,

Howard and Imogene Allen, etc and say don't come back. 3. Replace Way of Abundance and Power/Power for Abundant Living Classes with Nicky Gumbel's

Alpha/Questions of Life and United Methodist Church's Beginnings/Along The Way and other such materials too many to mention. 4. Make The Way International Biblical Research Institute truly ecumenical and inter-denominational with real experts from many denominations on research staff.

5. Finally, permit people to ask questions and disagree with your conclusions. But I seriously doubt that any of the above would be allowed.