GreaseSpot Cafe

New "innie" forum web site

Bob

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when it was discouraged too Stephanie but it is now encouraged. In fact they did a teen skit at the auditorium about "believer" teens going online and chatting together, IMs, sending e-mails etc. (I didn't personally see it but many people from my fellowshipd did) And my fellowship sends mass mails to each other all the time. Both to groups in our city and out of it.

I know that this doesn't prove anything but it is a response to what previously was said. And Inourownway has said on his site that there are other believers with webpages which are known about that don't discuss the way but personal things. On the other hand there aren't any details about those pages either.

It seems that the TWI guy closed up shop and is gone.

I had a feeling he may do that, since the only thing he expressed great interest in was the statistics of posters and how they found his site.

Maybe now Bob can tell us how he found it, and if he found any of the other sites the TWI guy talked about.

Maybe it was just a temporary glitch at ProBoards, though, and this is a false alarm. I hope so.

Edited by Mike

DANGIT!

We should have a private e-mail that goes out to everyone here when somebody finds a site like that. That way we can participate if TWI doesn't know the site exists and the TWIt doesn't get put on probation or M&A for trying to do something innovative.

Yeah, looks like someone (twi?) shut him down...darn it, I was having fun over there. I was civil but asking some tough questions.

I bet this will bring on an anti-internet tirade this Sunday.

The loooooooooong arm of the law (WHOOPS!)

The loooooooooong arm of *grace* (WHOOPS!)

The loooooooooong arm of twi (imo) strikes again.

Altho Mike could be right. The guy did say he was after statistics more than any thing else.

Who knows?

David

Now that is spooky. Looks like the Proboard weenies are (ex?) wayfers. Could it be they are real wayfers and the innie site was a hoax to try to nab other innies that check it out??? Hmmmm...any other theories? They can't be innies - they work the internet seriously and probably don't have window washing experience. Looks like they both are from the UK also...

All right, I'll confess how I found him.

He had a blog on blogger.com I ran accross. It's no longer there. Apparently, he wants to disappear from the Internet.

The site was at: http://inourownway.blogspot.com/

He only had a couple posts there, pertaining too (you guessed it) how people would find his site.

There is still a partial cache of his posts in Blogger's search engine:

Brief overview

9 Jul 2005 by ioow

I am a follower of The Way International, also known as The Way Ministry or TWI. It is my intention to run a site that all may join and post to. Please send an email to inourownway@gmail.com with any questions. The forum is up now. ...

In Our Own Way - http://inourownway.blogspot.com

Ideas for growth (of the forum)

13 Jul 2005 by ioow

I am hesitant to just give the address of the forum out to those in my fellowship. Why, may you ask? This is due to the fact that this is supposed to be an experiment. I want to see how people find this site. To watch how the Forum will ...

Apparently he last posted on September 27th:

place

27 Sep 2005 by ioow

holder.