GreaseSpot Cafe

VPW's Source for the Law of Believing

Bob

Posted in Strange people vic wier went to for info but I think it deserves its own topic

Look's like VP got his law of believing from Albert Cliffe.

A good article on it: http://www.empirenet.com/~messiah7/rsr_lawbelieve.htm

Cliffe's books, with relevant chapters:

"Let Go and Let God"

• There is Magic In Believing

• The Law of Cause and Effect

"Lessons in Successful Living"

• Spiritual Healing

• Positive and Negative Thinking

• Tithes and the Law of Prosperity

Doesn't take much to see how VPW took it, reworded it with some Bible verses, and called it his own.

Edited by Bob

Maybe wait til you read the book Oldiesman !!

Hey..I thought Abraham was the Father of believing, after all, didn't he pull off a couple of biggies(with lots of help from God.)

I thought Jesus was the author and finisher of our faith..you know..Matthew 21:22 and all that sort of thing !

Oh..and just been reading Hebrews 11:6 'they that come to God must believe that He is and that He is a REWARDER of them who diligently seek Him.

quote:
Originally posted by TheEvan:

(M)y original "Studies in Abundant Living Vol 1" (there was only 1 volume in those days HAHA) opened with the first chapter as "The Magic of Beliving".

I don't think anybody who took Piffle after 70 or 71 would have that old book. anybody ever see it?

I think I saw it once as part of a larger display of "collateral" pamphlets. When I took the PFAL class in 1972, all these pamphlets had been collated into the blue, green and orange books...and the "Magic of Believing" had been transMOGrified. wink2.gif;)-->

The "Law of Believing" could probably be found in multiple sources.

I have a book by Florence Scovell Shinn, who lived in the early decades of the twentieth century, and taught a version of the "law". When I read a book by her last year I was surprised at how similar it was to what Wierwille taught. What really got me was a phrase that was very similar to "the greatest cargoes of life come in on quiet seas".

quote:
Originally posted by oldiesman:

quote:
I don't think anybody who took Piffle after 70 or 71 would have that old book. anybody ever see it?
Never saw it.

Bet it would fetch a nice dollar on ebay. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

He holds it up during PFAL and reads the chapter titles, as well as some of the pamphlets that were later incorporated into the SIAL

My original "Studies in Abundant Living Vol 1" (there was only 1 volume in those days HAHA) opened with the first chapter as "The Magic of Beliving".<BR><BR>I don't think anybody who took Piffle after 70 or 71 would have that old book. anybody ever see it?

Yep, all us oldies saw it and have it, as well as the original collateral booklet!

Peter Wade,

Director, PFAL film, etc. etc.

Rev. Wade,

It's a pleasure to meet you here. We should talk someday.

Us oldies have a lot to catch up on.

Speaking of booklets, I'm an old fan of your old booklet "The Secret of Radiant Living."

The Evan et al,

I call this lost edition of Volume I "The Green Blue-Book" because it's light green.

I got my copy from a 1969 grad.

The Blue Book that everyone else is familiar with came out in 1971, and the Green Blue-Book was no longer available.

Edited by Mike

oldiesman,

I don't know very much about the Green Blue-Book, except that there are a few VERY interesting variations in there from what later ended up in the regular Blue Book. And I don't mean simple and relatively meaningless vocabular shifts. All the hub-bub the word "magic" is causing here strikes me as strange. I'm not sure WHAT the criticism or the celebration is all about, and I suspect neither do the participants.

I do know that Dr taught several times about how the receiving of a revelation can evolve over years, AND how it can go through various stages as it's being put into written form. We can easily see that RHST went through the latter process in 7 editions, and similarly for a few other books. The Apostle Paul's track through the former process can be seen in Acts as he gradually received the revelation of the great mystery, or secret.

What I was interested in was Peter's Wade's contribution to the latter process (and to my spiritual growth long ago) with the booklet I mentioned of his, "The Secret of Radiant Living." I think I have the title correct, but I lost track of my copy.

That teaching later evolved into one of the Living Victoriously teachings and then a magazine article.

rascal,

If you had been paying attention to the heart and ideas behind my posts you'd already know the answer to that question you just asked. Instead you only look for things to pounce on in my posts, and many details elude you.

Should I take the time to answer you and derail things here?

Maybe I should start a separate thread for questions such as yours here. When I want to discuss some fine point in a thread I'm often (if not always) ambushed with derailment filled questions and challenges.

Any ideas what such a thread should be titled?

Edited by Mike

Should I take the time to answer you and derail things here?

Why not? You do it to every other thread you're on.

Maybe I should start a separate thread for questions such as yours here. When I want to discuss some fine point in a thread I'm often (if not always) ambushed with derailment filled questions and challenges.

Any ideas what such a thread should be titled?

How about: "Rehashing the Crap Mike's Been Trying to Pitch Even Though It's Been Debunked More Times Than We Can Count."

Edited by Raf

Raf,

You wrote: "Why not? You do it to every other thread you're on."

No, not EVERY thread.

Yes, I agree that I command a certain spotlight on nearly every thread where I am seriously challenged.

But, why do you make it sound like I do this on MANY threads?

There are FAR MORE threads that I totally refrain from posting on.

I don't invade any old thread. I do this very sparingly, and that fact seems to be absent in your regular and predictable complaints against my posting. ...complaints that are derailments of sorts in themselves, but that's another issue...

Why not switch gears a little?

Try to say something like this to me:

"Those very few threads you appear on, Mike, are easily steered in the direction of your message."

To which I could shrug:

"Well, yes Raf, but I do also often wait for a thread to play it's course before I overwhelm it's direction with the admittedly strong nature of my message."

We could behave like gentlemen instead of like children.

Edited by Mike

I'm sorry you didn't bring your glasses with you, Mike, but please re-read what I wrote before you deliberately and falsely misrepresent me as readily as you deliberately and falsely misrepresent God and Christ.

I said you do this to every other thread YOU'RE ON.

I didn't say you did it to every thread.

On to Mordor!

Edited by Raf

You have demonstrated quite adequately that your reading comprehension skills are not quite up to par, which has led you to your idolatrous and ridiculous conclusions. However, I do not have the time or the patience to instruct you on elementary things you should have learned before high school. Let's leave it at, "I did not say what you claimed I said, so please stop misrepresenting me. Again."

Edited by Raf