GreaseSpot Cafe

Terry and Debbie Hendricks

stillhere2

Stillhere2,

I am sure they are still in. They were one of the "go down with the ship" people. Yes, they are nice people. I have thought about calling them, but I don't know what I would say to them. They did, however, depart from HQ before their time was up. I went the same time they did. We were all told to plan to stay for at least 3 years. They left after 2. They had a hard time. Debbie worked for the original Bookstore Nazi. And Terry was worked to death in tape duplication.

Thanks. I know they are still in oregon cuz Debbie works with my dad. I just sort of miss talking to her. I remember when they came back from headquarters cuz I was still in then. I could break the no-talk rule and try to contact her through my dad, but I dont want to if she is still in, you know, cuz I'm all outside etc etc.

I know what you mean. I still occasionally contact people in twi. I always get concerned they will try to talke me in to coming back, and I don't even want to go there. It's sad to lose friends you had in twi. I think often of my best friend at HQ. I was her maid of honor, and I don't hear squat from her. I haven't tried calling her, but mostly because I don't know what I would say to her. Our friendship was based on similar times in our life (both divorced and 30-something at the time we met), and it was based on twi. Sometimes I think we really didn't have a friendship when I think it was because of twi we were even friends. It's all confusing, but it is also sad we shared our hearts with people who no longer want to be part of our lives.

• 1 year later...

I spent Christmas time in Portland. I saw some innies while I was there. I was told T & D Hendricks still work for the big shoe company, and they are still in twi.

Tony, we must have run in to each other. I lived in Portland two different times: 1988 to 1990 and again 1993 to 1996. What side of town did you live on? Your name is vaguely familiar. I lived in the Beaverton area.