GreaseSpot Cafe

Christmas movies

Kit Sober

Of course theres, It's a Wonderful Life, a movie I think everyone should see to be reminded of the difference they have made in the world.

But there are a lot of Christmas movies, I thought you might put your favorites here.

I saw Noel (on dvd), and it reminded me of the miraculous things that happen at this time of year because people are in a faith-ful mind set.

Kit

A Christmas Story is a MUST SEE every year in my house!!

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I have since heard of people under extreme duress speaking in strange tongues. I became conscious that a steady torrent of obscenities and swearing of all kinds was pouring out of me as I screamed.

And I love all the animation ones:

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Frosty the Snowman

Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Charlie Brown Christmas

and

Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire

I'll Be Seeing You with Ginger Rogers

and, of course,

An All Dogs Christmas ;)

This isn't a Christmas movie, but it's got the same characters, but different actors, as "A Christmas Story": Ollie Hopnoodle's Haven of Bliss. The kids, mom and "the old man" are planning a vacation. Ralphie gets a summer job, the dog (fuzzhead) goes missing, it's hilarious. Jerry O'Connel is Ralphie, James Sikking is "the old man".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098023/

Well, Christmas movies are hardly my favorite category, but I do have a fondness for the Alastair Sim's

"A Christmas Carol". Like Linda, I still love to see the transformation of the mean old Scrooge into the softy that he once was. Yeah, I'm a sap at times...

I also - though I'm ashamed to admit it - thoroughly enjoyed "Ernest Saves Christmas". About as dopey a movie as you could imagine, but I got a kick out of Ernest doing all of his impressions and whatnot.

The saccharine, almost toxically sweet, made-for-T.V. "specials" though, I can definitely do without.

And God help us all if they start into playing "The Little Drummer Boy" again, aaaackkkk!