GreaseSpot Cafe

Rich and Linda Williams

TheHighWay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Talked to Rich last year via the phone. He guessed that I was not involved with TWI, and once he surmised that, the conversation was short. I talked Rich into moving to the Seattle area years ago. I still pray he sees TWI for what they truly are.

He's originally from my neck of the woods.

CWF

CWF... so you sent Rich to Seattle, huh? Well, I must say thank you!! They arrived in the area right after we did and they got an apartment in our complex. (right across the hall as a matter of fact) I have a lot of good memories of them. Very generous and loving folks.

The Highway,

We moved to Seattle in 83 and back here in 91. Rich was a WOW in 84. When his tour of duty was over, we invited him out to Gods country. He hooked up with some jackass corp dude who ran his life into the gutter. Rich is hoodwinked by the all powerful Oz.

When we left, Linda and Rich had a nice home in Renton. Since he has sold it because of LCM. We used to fellowship with the Kennedy's. As far as I know, they also are still involved. We left the Way in 87.

Peace,

CWF

CWF... hmmm, now I'm curious. There were so MANY jackass corps dudes... (and unfortunately, you could even be describing me)

I must honestly say, my spouse and I were UNBELIEVABLY young and stupid, and yet we were thrown right into leadership positions when we moved out there because we were apprentice corps. Two ignorant newlywed ninnies in charge of older married folks with kids. How dumb is that????

We were too wide-eyed and naive to do anything but what we were told to do, which usually ended up not being the best for the folks in our fellowship. By the end of our two years there, I was really unhappy with twi and extremely embarrassed for our role in the Seattle fellowships.

However, dummy me, I allowed my spouse to convince me we needed to go corps to learn how to do things the "right" way and be part of the solution to the ministry's woes, so off we went.

I sincerely hope we weren't the ones you are referring to... I know after we left they got close to S/PF Roberts. Which at the time I thought was good because they was sitting on the fence. But I also remember distinctly the day I found out S. had "declared" his loyalty to twi in no uncertain terms. I wondered about Rich and Linda then.

So... did we know each other back in the day?

TheHighWay

Naw, it wasn't you. The clown I'm referring to is still actively involved. You named him. We informed all these people I mentioned of the corruption in TWI back then, and they make the choice not to believe it.

I can't remember where the Williams lived after they where first married. All I can remember is their former home in Renton. Roberts and Pugh where my partners in a painting business. It broke up during the Fog, and we all went on our own. We, my family, returned to the Cleveland area in 91.

Rich is afraid to think for himself. Back then, The Way was looking for allegiance, and not wisdom. I swear those that stayed on in The Way have no idea what the walk of the spirit is all about.

Chuck Florek

• 7 months later...

Rich and LInda are still iwth TWI and have a beautiful daughter. Since I have been on probation they won't hardly talk to me at all. They live in Bothell WA and I am praying that their eyes are opened also.

HI CWF it has been to long in talking to you.

Dale E. Kennedy

Hi Chuck , you may remember us, The Jones Family. We lived in Kent and you bought a stationwagon from us. Your wife also gave my baby (he's 19 now) and old penny from the early 1900's. I remember you had a big family.

And Dale, please call us sometime. We still see Mel and Diane Short and I know they would love to hear how you are too. Jewel

Hi Dale, I feel really stupid but I don't know how to find private topics. I can call Suzie later and find out. I have only posted a few times. I am looking forward to understanding why we cannot see our old friend. I was the maid of honor at your wedding. Is that why you are avoiding me? JUST KIDDING!!!! Jewel

No Jewel I am not avoiding anybody just under alot of pressure and legal things right now. The way you get to private is go to the top and look under my space and it should be there. That will expoain everything up to now.

Dale E. Kennedy

Hi Dale, I did get to private topic and read your note but couldn't reply for some reason. I called Suzie and did what she said and it still didn't work so I will send a brief reply here. Dale, our prayers are with you and Michelle as well. Kids too. If we can do anything to help you let us know. We are looking forward to someday seeing you again. Jewel

I remember when Linda and Rich met. Linda, Me and another 2 girls were sharing an apt. in Charlotte. I had never seen Linda so happy than when she first met Rich.

I imagine Rachael must be about 16 now.

Linda suffered from horrible clinical depression. I hope she found the miracle of modern medicine........prozac.

Yes Rachael is 16 now and is going to be a living doll and will driv Richard crazy when she is allowed to start dating. As far as I know Linda still suffers. I don't know if she found the miracle that you spoke of. It has been about 6 or 7 months since I talked to either one of them since I have left the TWI they don't talk to me anymore. Their loss at this time.

Dale E. Kennedy

• 4 weeks later...