GreaseSpot Cafe

do you live near a graveyard

excathedra

so all these holy spirits are with God/

isnt that what the churches teach?

think about it if the holy spirit of us is all alive and somewhere In abeyance (what the heck is that?)

couldnt they get goovy and somhow vist a person here on earth?

not so much the familiar spirits saul saw remember that teaching about speaking to the dead they were evil spirits remember? familiar spirits vpw called them. and from satan .

ok all these holy spirits are canned up till the return somwhere just binding time.

at least it is an answer thanks for responding.

I do not pretend to know but somhow god doesnt seem that stupid and wastefull of his works.

I never heard any teaching about this, but Donnie Fugit told twig leaders in STL once not to hold twig anywhere near a cemetary.

Pond: I think it's kinda like electricity: Where does the electricity in your house go after you move out and have them turn off the power? There's no single entity of electricity that is "held in abeyance" until the house is occupied again, either there's power in the house or there's not. Electrical power is a form of energy from a man made source (power plant) and holy spirit is a source of power from God.

I have read thru this topic and just had to add this post. Hubby and I were looking for a new rental back shortly after we got married. Our town was a landlord's market - few rentals, expensive. I searched and searched and finally found a home that matched our requirements. We went to look at it and, even though the front picture window looked out onto a lovely cemetary, we decided it would work. The landlady was estatic as she knew we would be great tenants. We signed an agreement and put down a deposit. As we were leaving out the front door, another family came in almost pushing us over with excitement. We didn't say anything, just left.

I got a call that evening. The lady was in tears. She was sorry, but she had to void our agreement. The other family insisted. She said she knew we would be the better tenants, but she just couldn't explain it at that moment. They "talked her into it."

We could have taken action ... didn't. We figured our TWI leadership would say it was for the best because of the graveyard.

Don't know about devil spirits hanging around that place, put that other family had a real NEED to live there.

Ya know CoolChef, you use that "beer clinking" emoticom alot. Do you like to drink beer? Do you like to drink beer with Wild Caught Alaskan Smoked Coho Salmon? Mmmm mmmm mmm! Now wouldn't that be nice for the holiday season, hmmm? Well, you have coerced me. Give me your snail mail address via this forum or via private messaging, and I will send you, my GSCafe bruthah, some really excellent smoked Coho. I mean it. I would be blessed to do it CoolChef. But, the only stipulation is that you have to brag about it on this forum, or, the deal is off!

Sincerely,

Jonny Lingo

Hokay Cool Chef, it is in the mail as we speak. I sent it priority mail and should be there (according the the USPS) in 2-3 days. but, since to day is Friday, it's more likely to show up on Monday or Tuesday. Plus, you and I live in two the more remote states...

Anyhoo, enjoy! :beer::beer:

Edited by Jonny Lingo

never had any qualms or fears about such places. Besides spending quite a number of days on the second floor of a funeral home, I used to play baseball as a kid with cousins and their friends in Erie, PA at a cemetary. I remember it well because I was never a home run hitter, but there was a road which made right field very short, and the rule was that anything hit on or over the road was a home run. Even as a righty I usually hit in that direction, and hit a number of peewee homers there.