GreaseSpot Cafe

Eyewitnesses:twi 1976..your stories?

WordWolf

"These were the times of "None Dare Call It Conspiracy" "GOD'S Smuggler" ,"Thirteenth Tribe", etc.

It seemed as though we had moved on from seeing spirituality on a personal level (PFAL, Challenging Counterfeit, CF&S,etc. )

to seeing it on a national and even global level. Of course this sure made us all feel somewhat smug because we thought we were really seeing "The BIG Picture"."

" We also had a food co-op which was mandatory . We bought in bulk, Made alot of our own items such as yogurt, mayo., familia and so on. we cooked the same preplanned meals in each house and ate as a whole group every day. These were the same communal living, survivalist type activities that were being experimented with in many other groups beside twi."

WordWolf,

When I read your response to my post a little light bulb lit up in my mind.

I had never really given much thought to how we may have been impacted by the communal living aspect of all this. True, there were many who never went WOW or WC, but they very likely interacted with people who did.

Was the "commune" experiance a plus or a minus? I don't know. Perhaps it is why so many of us feel the effects so many years later. Perhaps it is why we feel so compelled to band together and help each other.I know this may all sound like one "grande" derail but this communal thinking , I believe, may have something to do with how we thought and how we felt about what we thought in and around the bicentennial year.It may also explain why people will say"Geez Louise , why didn't you just walk away? and not understand the depth of commitment we felt toward each other.

Good questions.

In fact, I'm spinning off a new thread....

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alleycat, PM me if you like (and know how) or e-mail me, smile092850@hotmail.com , if you have any interest in knowing more about my deprogramming experience. I just don't feel like tying up the thread here for that again, plus I realized I am getting maybe a little too much into talking about someone else's feelings. Besides, that didnt happen to me until the end of 1979. However, I will be more than happy to talk about it on personal communications.

• 2 years later...
No doubt the music of that time was one of the saving graces of our involvement. That music, more than anything else, tended to keep my heart turned toward God, especially when it seemed people did things to turn my focus away. I'm thankful for all of those creative men and women, who's hearts and minds seemed to be pure. Here's part of what I remember came out of that time around '76:

"I am proud of my country's hertitage,

Living on freedom's soil.

Brave men have gone before me here,

Unafraid to pray and toil.

And I intend to keep on building up,

What others seek to spoil.

And God's still bares His mighty arm,

When men to him are loyal.

Sorry I can't remember the rest of words, by Brian Bliss if I am correct. Songs like that just seemed to be the aura of our being during that time: I got more out of the music than from "None dare Call it Conspiracy-and don't forget the sequel, None Dare Call it Treason: and for the brave at heart?-"I Was a Slave in Russia". I swear, there were times that we thought it would all be over within a year or two. It kept us motivated, though, didn't it? :biglaugh:

Love that song. Dean Ellenwood sang it. If anyone knows a link to it, please, I've got to get my fix.

• 7 years later...
  • 2 years later...