GreaseSpot Cafe

Teachings that might help

WaywardWayfer

I found a list of teaching tape numbers and summaries of the teachings. I don't think I have these tapes around, but I wonder if the Peelers can get copies of them for their lawsuit from anyone and if it would help?

Of special interest might be tape 1765 ? Oct 9, 1994 ? Craig talks about the ethics of financial investing?

1772 ? Nov 27 ? abundance in business as we get motivated by our deep love for God

1775 ? Dec 18 ? Yuletide fragments and myth information ? During the holiday season we don?t incorporate what the senses realm promulgates into our belief system.

1777 ? Jan 8 1995 ? Obedience to Abundance ? making the thoughts and actions of the Word our habit is genuine obedience, and the result will always be abundance in every category of life.

1778 ? Jan 15 ? Make Up Your Mind ? D Wierwille ? do the logical thing in life?s situations

1779 ? Control Your Own Life ? H Allen ? practical keys on staying out of debt

1784 ? God?s Call to Abundance: Obedience to Meekness: Mosqueda ? It takes meekness to follow the game lan for moving the Word?.how meekness brings about abundance.

1786 ? March 12 ? Craig ? Foundations to Burn the Chaff: Acts 19 ? emphasis on getting and staying out of debt

1788 ? March 26 ? Fort ? Disciples of The Way ? Come Hear Do ? profit of living the lifestyle of a disciple.

1794 ? May 7 ? God?s Call to Abundance in the Household ? Martindale ? shows the distinction between the household and the family of God from 1 Cor 12: 11-27.

1796 ? May 21 ? Martindale ? God?s Call to Abundance: Be Not Slothful ? encourages believers to quit putting up with a lack of abundance in their lives by showing them what it means to be slothful and what to do to keep from being slothful.

1799 ? Abundance in Teaching ? Licht ? Any true outreach and ministry of God?s Word is going to have people who are living God?s Word and teaching that Word as they go. Rev Martindale gives a ?state of the union? update before the teaching

1900 ? God?s Abudnance in the Future ? Martindale ?

1803 ? Word Over the World Redifined

1806 ? Living Sanctified: Doctrinally and Practically

What about the teaching he did in January 1996. TWI had a major snow storm, and nobody could make it to the STS. So lcm spewed the whole time in the auditorium either by himself or with staff only in the audience. Anyway, the tape was called "Prove the Sincerity of Your Love". It was lcm's teaching that you should give everything above your need to the ministry. He had fellowships listen to the tape and discuss their feelings on it. People were "counseled" on their thoughts if they disagreed with the new doctrine.

Somehow I don't think this tape went out as a "regular" sts tape. It was one of those "spayshul" ones that was distributed to leader**** only and then returned to hq when they were done.

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects.

Great topic Wayward I have a tape but forget the number it's called "Financial confrontation: put your money where your mouth is" This one should prove interesting.

Seth

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

Mark Twain

I'm going to look for the tape from the early 90's where LCM said that if you give less than 10% then God "won't even spit in your direction". I may have tossed it with the others, but I think it may have been one I tucked aside because it was so unbelievable!

I believe the title of the tape was "The Tithe Doth Still Provide" if anyone out there has it around.

Hope R. color>size>face>

...I don't know who I am but life is for learning... we are stardust...size>face>color>

I remember him saying that "God won't spit your way." and "If you didn't tithe that you were just ....ing in the wind." These remarks were in one of the Business teaching tapes.

I remember telling the Binkleys that the tape was pretty good up until he made that remark and I couldn't stand to listen to him anymore that evening...NOT a wise remark on my part, but I said it anyway..

Originally posted by Hope R.:

I'm going to look for the tape from the early 90's where LCM said that if you give less than 10% then God "won't even spit in your direction". I may have tossed it with the others, but I think it may have been one I tucked aside because it was so unbelievable!

I believe the title of the tape was "The Tithe Doth Still Provide" if anyone out there has it around.

QUOTE]

I'm not sure about the tape, but the Way mag article by that name was from the mid 80's I'm pretty sure.

quote:
The whole first few months of 1996 was about abundant sharing and this is where the crap about 10% being the minimum for protection from God came from. I don't know if I still have the tapes, but I will look.

Actually, the thought of paying the tithe to insure protection from God came first from Dr. Wierwille, in Christians Should Be Prosperous. Here are some notable quotes:

• As long as the people tithed, they prospered in everything. When they withheld their tithe or tried to substitute second-rate offerings, when they became stingy with God and refused their rightful offerings to Him, they became afflicted, oppressed, diseased and defeated.

• Whatever our life's calling may be, we can prosper only as we return to God at least a tithe of all our increase. Then we have His divine protection as well as His manifold blessings.

• Tithing is our minimum financial insurance, health and accident insurance.

• Malachi 3:11 is not only for the farmer. The devourer for your sake will be rebuked too; he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground, nor will he destroy anything else if you will stand on God's promise and claim it by saying, "In the name of Jesus Christ I claim these blessings, I claim this prosperity, I claim this goodness." You claim it with your mouth by believing it in your heart. Don't pray for prosperity if you don't tithe.

Concerning the last quote, I believe everything works that VP said except the last sentence.

Oh my goodness. I never realized how much we were blackmailed for our money, or is it more accurate to say we were taught to blackmail God?

Oldiesman, those quotes are very telling. Between those and the teachings from Craig and the current teachings it's quite obvious that TWI has not changed the manipulative teachings. I guess what's really sad is that we believed it, or rather, feared it and so many more still do.

• 1 year later...
    The Peelers' attorney should be able to subpoena them from HQ directly, if no one can provide them.<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Probably not Zix they will have mysteriously vanished or have been erased like the Corps week tapes from the POP night where someone on stage was loooking like a whiped dog and crying for forgiviness.

Hope I checked the tape log printout from the computer at International that I secured upon leaving there is no tape listed by that title from 86 - 91 for SNS .

Edited by WhiteDove