GreaseSpot Cafe

Trigger Phrases used in TWI brainwashing

markomalley

How about this one: "I'll put you on my lift list."

I was told this by an uppiddy-up leader's wife at HQ after I resigned from the Research Team and she thought I might be "influenced" by someone who they thought was "influenced by the Adversary."

• Like 1

How about this one: "I'll put you on my lift list."

I was told this by an uppiddy-up leader's wife at HQ after I resigned from the Research Team and she thought I might be "influenced" by someone who they thought was "influenced by the Adversary."

Wow, I had no idea that the adversaries influences could be second and third hand, like second hand smoke, perhaps? :biglaugh:

One that got me was the phrase "if someone decides to become born again, all hell can't stop it". That's all fine and dandy, but I thought "hell" meant "gravedom" or simply "death" in the Greek and Hebrew. So wth does that really even mean??

What does ANY of it really mean?

Would it be available?

Would you be blessed to?

Are you having some opportunities? (Here on planet earth we do not refer to problems as opportunities.)

I believe God can meet that need in the household. (I did'nt realize that we have the authority to tell God where He is allowed to meet needs.)

God tried to tell you but,you did'nt listen.

We are way corp.

I once heard R@^@n S$~&!ew try to tell me that its o.k. not to honor people for their accomplishments because it is G od who will not forget a persons work and labor of love.I agree about the God not forgetting part,but I think R@^@n was trying to play wedgeword.

This past sunday I turned on the tv and lo and behold there was a sunday service on one of the local channels.The guy taeching was talking about how his life at one time was not a good situation and then one day while hitchhiking he was picked up "witnessed" to signed up for the class and how everything in his improved after taking the class.

It aggravated me that God was not mentioned as the source of an improved life,but the class was!

Another trigger phrase,"The class"

"why wouldn't you ...insert participation in some ministry event..."

Proper usage:

"Why wouldn't you want to attend the 10:30 fellowship?"

(Actual context - Camp Gunnison CEO confronting / coercing staff about not going to the 10:30 am fellowship. Especially ridiculous considering there was a 1:00 pm STS phone hookup the same day)

Know that you know that you know that you know..................

Where did you "miss it"?

Go til you hear glass.

We'll sleep after the bema.

Walking by all 9 all the time. (Really-who does this?) <_<

Detailed mindedness.

Mark and Avoid. :CUSSING:

God showed me......

And the worst of all...The suggestion of a leader is tantamount to a command.

• 7 years later...

Not so much a trigger phrase - but this has to do with a triggering event - that activates a certain mindset:

I’ve heard believers talk of how god blessed them by something they’ve found - a watch by a walk-path or an air-conditioning unit that fell off the back of a delivery truck - I’m not kidding - these folks were bragging about their good fortune - instead of turning it in to lost-and-found or contacting the delivery company...oblivious to the misfortune of others.

• Upvote 1

• "You're not meek enough!" (ie thinking for oneself in any situation, or daring to proffer an alternative suggestion to some leadership)
  • "You're leaning to your five senses" (ditto)
  • and this one, the elephant in the room: "the Corps"

Went to a carol concert with my Mum some 10 or 12 years after being M&A'd.  Thought I was over the hurt of it all and the jargon - till the leader said, "And the Corps will now sing..."  My hair, which is of considerable length, stood on end, and I felt my body grow rigid.  That was one scary moment.

"The Word" - just what is that? 

Not so often encountered as an expression outside TWI, but when someone comes out with that, I think, or maybe ask: "What do you mean by that?"  Does the person mean Jesus, or the Bible, or something/someone else?

One could have some fun with that.  If someone's "doing the Word" are they doing (as in doing over, hurting, beating up) Jesus?  Kicking their Bible round the room?  If someone's "off the word," were they balancing on a thick book and fell off, like falling off a kerb at the edge of the road?  Or would they be off the word as in off their food if they were ill?

Anyway, I don't care.  Just say what you mean, if you're near me.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, So_crates said:

You want cringeworthy?

"The Word, the Word, and nothing but the Word."

"We have no friends when it comes to the Word"

In both instances the Word is not the bible, but whatever Saint Vic says.

Yeah definitely when you mix those phrases up with "the suggestion of a leader is tantamount to a command", you have a scenario where you'd best watch out before drinking Kool-Aid.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Yeah definitely when you mix those phrases up with "the suggestion of a leader is tantamount to a command", you have a scenario where you'd best watch out before drinking Kool-Aid.

When it comes to Kool-Aid, I have no friends....cuz they all drank it before me.

13 hours ago, Twinky said:

"The Word" - just what is that? 

Not so often encountered as an expression outside TWI, but when someone comes out with that, I think, or maybe ask: "What do you mean by that?"  Does the person mean Jesus, or the Bible, or something/someone else?

One could have some fun with that.  If someone's "doing the Word" are they doing (as in doing over, hurting, beating up) Jesus?  Kicking their Bible round the room?  If someone's "off the word," were they balancing on a thick book and fell off, like falling off a kerb at the edge of the road?  Or would they be off the word as in off their food if they were ill?

Anyway, I don't care.  Just say what you mean, if you're near me.