GreaseSpot Cafe

Trigger Phrases used in TWI brainwashing

markomalley

Anyone ever hear this one over-used...

"In the days ahead" or "In the days and weeks ahead"

That's one my limb coordinator used over and over and over again. Used to drive me nuts. Then the girl living with his family started using it. Well, started emulating his speech patterns all the time.

Man, I'm so glad I was "delivered" from all that brainless junk. I never realized how much jargon we used.

I don't know if this was mentioned in the thread that started this one, but another phrase used to control was, "yes, thats good, but is it best?"

Geez, how I hated that. It always meant that what you wanted to do was wrong and what they wanted you to do was "best." Cause the devil doesn't make you choose between good and evil, but between good and best.

My skin is crawling right now, just thinking about it.

Here are some other old-time Wayisms, if not still out there:

"Who bewitched you?"

"I have to reprove you..."

"You need to take the Class again..."

"You can't do that" replaced "You CAN do that".

"Have you been tithing?" (in response to being sick or losing your job, or whatever...)

"You're possessed."

"Did I say you could do that?"

"You're speaking out of turn."

"A devil spirit looks for dirt..." (so did a lot of bizarre Corpse people...")

"I cast out this devil spirit in the name of Jesus Christ" (in response to having the flu.)

And the BIG ONES...

"You're out of fellowship" and "You're off the Word."

Eagle

..."You gotta be in alignment and harmony" (with who?...you?)

..."You're corps material" ( the ultimate set up)

..."You need to go wow" ( like hell I do!)

..."Take your foot off the hose" ( and maybe put it on your neck?)

..."get your needs and wants parallel" ( huh?)

..."You can't outgive God" (means, gimme more money)

..."just sign the green card" (just bite my crank, matey)

..."that's old wine skins" (lcm's delusions of grandeur)

..."we're athletes of the spirit" ( jock straps in heaven?)

..."just take the class, it will answer all your questions" (kiss my aura Dora)

"if its to be its up to me..."

"See you there or in the air.."

God bless you face from out of space..."

It all comes across as jargon after a while. Maybe it was a sign of our enthusiasm - maybe just of our sheepish stupidity..

Of course I remember:

"Would you be blessed to ____________________."

It was never a question. You can fill in the blank, wash my car, baby-sit my kids, clean my house, and the list goes on and on.......

And it was rarely or ever asked in private. It was usually posed in a public setting where you had to show your devotion etc. Once I was asked that question in public, and I couldn't do it....so I stammered.....tc kept pushing for an answer so I said "no"! Boy was his nose out of joint. I told him I couldn't do it because my presence was required elsewhere doing something else and I took a whole lot of flak for that....but it stuck.\

I was grilled about it later too!

Some of you ex-TWI2-ers will cringe on these, I bet....

"You have to stay within the protection of the Household (or walls of Zion.)"

"Plan the Adversary out of your life." (This was heard in conjuntion with lectures about scheduling.)

"When you give, God will open the windows of heaven and pour out blessings that you haven't room enough to receive." (I thought he was always tossing out his chamber pot or gozunder for me, but anyhow....)

"You have to make you weaknesses into strengths." ("Weakness was not allowed in the Promised Land" was another favorite like this - same barfy idea.)

Krys - I hear you about being put on the spot to "give" (more like, be taken advantage of!) God forbid any single woman ever cleaned, baby sat, ran errands, etc. because she wanted to OR was actually paid for it. I hated baby sitting - absolutely refused to do it. No way. You can bet I had some annoyed leadership because I wasn't "blessing" them - TOO BAD! Heck, I even pay my own mother to baby sit my kids! (And she earns every penny!)

I remember going to a STS during TWI2 and the Way Singing Ladies had performed. I asked Claud**** Roy** if she would ever sing Precious Lord again. She told me that was a "different administration", which meant no. "We were in the Promised Land of the Prevailing Word"

According to VPW there were only 7 administrations. Guess this new administration was discovered in the Promised Land. hahaha

• 4 years later...