GreaseSpot Cafe

No More "Mark And Avoid" in TWI??

Patriot

TWI does not use M&A as the term anymore but they are still doing and they are very devious in the way they do it.

They now put the person or person's on PROBATION for a period of time telling them they have to write a letter to the limb cordinator once a week, not allowed to go to fellowship, BUT they are allowed to get the weekly tapes, get the way mag and the big one is that they are still allowed to ABS.

This is to go on for 3 to 6 months. Then and only then if they drop to their knees and ask for forgiveness for asking questions about doctrine or what is happeing at HQ they may be allowed to return.

The so called friends are not allowed to contact you and if you happen to run into them out in the public, they will do every thing they can to not come near you or act like they didn't see you.

That is still M&A to me and that is exactly what happened to me and several others here in the NW.

In the short time that I have been following the posts here, I have learned a lot and have healed a lot from the abuse from within TWI.

:rolleyes:

Edited by dek52

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TWI does not use M&A as the term anymore but they are still doing and they are very devious in the way they do it.

They now put the person or person's on PROBATION for a period of time telling them they have to write a letter to the limb cordinator once a week, not allowed to go to fellowship, BUT they are allowed to get the weekly tapes, get the way mag and the big one is that they are still allowed to ABS.

This is to go on for 3 to 6 months. Then and only then if they drop to their knees and ask for forgiveness for asking questions about doctrine or what is happeing at HQ they may be allowed to return.

The so called friends are not allowed to contact you and if you happen to run into them out in the public, they will do every thing they can to not come near you or act like they didn't see you.

That is still M&A to me and that is exactly what happened to me and several others here in the NW.

It bore repeating.

If twi is like you say,why be involved?No one needs to be controled like that........

If "friends" are like that they are no friends,go out and find new ones..........

Jumping through hoops is not godly,it is a bunch of huuuey,yech,stinky...

Remember grace was given freely,not with a bunch of strings attached.

Hey twi....Big rasberry PHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

In the short time that I have been following the posts here, I have learned a lot and have healed a lot from the abuse from within TWI.

:rolleyes:

dek.....thanks, and hope all is going well for you. It's good to be away from the clutches of twi and all the hoop-jumping.

Not sure if you are talking current policy..........BUT what you described is the SAME POLICY that has been in place since at least 1996. As a branch coordinator, I had a couple of people who were to be shunned by our branch and had to write weekly letters and such. And, back then.....10 YEARS AGO.....lcm taught us on a corps teaching that to allow these "probationary people" to abs was an extension of the mog's grace to keep the adversary from totally gaining access to their lives.

Sick doctrines in twi. :confused:

If twi is like you say,why be involved?No one needs to be controled like that........

If "friends" are like that they are no friends,go out and find new ones..........

Jumping through hoops is not godly,it is a bunch of huuuey,yech,stinky...

Remember grace was given freely,not with a bunch of strings attached.

Hey twi....Big rasberry PHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

They have been indoctrinated that ALL the Christians outside the

organization are SCUM.

They think that their doctrines are the be-all and end-all of Christianity,

and anyone who disagrees has "forsaken the truth",

even though God answers their prayers and they're a LOT more joyful

and prosperous than twi'ers.

twi tries to keep them from ANY honest interaction and evaluation

of outside Christians, because twi innies are among the most

miserable Christians alive today. In the US, most Christians are a

LOT happier.

It always seemed to me that Romans 16:17 aimed at doctrinal issues and divisions, that would lead the churches Paul felt responsible for away from his teaching on salvation in the grace of Christ. Those entering the fold, "wolves" amongst the sheep.

I think "common sense" says that if someone is hurting people in a community it needs to be dealt with. Things like stealing, murder, rape - that doesn't need a doctrinal thesis to determine what to do about it, to me.

Paul seems to be addressing them in Romans 16:17 as he did in Galatians - hey, if they're teaching anything other than what I've taught you and leading people away from our doctrine, don't allow them free access to the group and stay away from them. The damage being done he's most concerned about is to what the people believe. I don't think there'd be any question in Paul's mind about how to handle someone who was doing real physical harm to people or at least I'd like to think so.

The M&A was a form of protection of the splinter groups, also used by the Geer´s splinters, in fact the common form of application is what you are saying socks, to protect the good doctrine. But what they really were protected was LCM presidency of TWI also to protect the girl problem or LCM sex problems and wrong doctrine. :spy:

Sky

This was the practice that caused me to leave 3.5 years ago.

I did happen to run into a couple that had the same thing happen to them about a year ago. So I feel that it is still practiced at least in the NW.

I have come a long way thanks to people here on the cafe and to many of the true friends (as I call them) that came to help me with the situation that I was in. I never did receive anything other than harrassing calls from the state and branch cordinators.

I am enjoying the freedom that God gives when you just stand on his word. It is awsome and great to have a place like this to talk about things.

Sky

This was the practice that caused me to leave 3.5 years ago.

I did happen to run into a couple that had the same thing happen to them about a year ago. So I feel that it is still practiced at least in the NW.

I have come a long way thanks to people here on the cafe and to many of the true friends (as I call them) that came to help me with the situation that I was in. I never did receive anything other than harrassing calls from the state and branch cordinators.

I am enjoying the freedom that God gives when you just stand on his word. It is awsome and great to have a place like this to talk about things.

dek,

Twi's ongoing practice of M&A is cruel and provoking......and the harrassing calls from the state and branch coordinators is a revealing truth of the system's wickedness.

Glad to know that you are enjoying your freedom. This place is a GREAT PLACE to de-waybrain...!!!

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

While I was never m@a,If I ever went back to twi land of lunacy,First I would be questioned of...

What is my intention?Why do I want to come back?Will I be loyal to twi? Wh did I ever go on line

to greasespot,let alone post what I have posted?And the most important to them,Will I pledge to give my money?

Ya see this Sunday my wife who still goes to fellowship,was ivited to a branh meeting to meet the ludwi#3?

I guess they are the current dead limb leaders,Oh they are so easy to talk to,they feel just like family.

Ohh boy,What a situation,She goes as it is her freedom of choice,does not make my life any easier,I am adament,I will never participate,in the repressive organization,Come clean twi,you smell.

Why do i post,much less tell people about my stories?It just may help someone.

Just because twi says no m@a believe me ,it still is in force.

:eusa_clap: oh good grief. I'm no biblical scholar and I don't pretend to be.

But in usual Way style, they made up some bogus doctrinal excuse for getting rid of people who asked too many questions, or didn't support the status quo.

Jesus never "marked and avoided" anybody. In fact, he was criticized because he hung out with "marked and avoided."

I would count it as a personal honor to be so designated by the cult. It probably means you had/have a functionaing brain, that got in the way. :eusa_clap:

It probably means you had/have a functioning brain, that got in the way. :eusa_clap:

( ..... Or out of it.) ;)

Speaking of Mark and Avoyad ---

Jews don't recognize Jesus as Messiah.

Protestants don't recognize the Pope as the head of the church.

And Baptists don't recognize each other in the liquor store. :rolleyes:

Getting put on probation is the best thing that could happen to an innie.

That's how my brother left. They realized they were happier and life was better.

So they didn't try to go back.

oh, and if you get put on probation, they LET you ABS?? How magnanimous of them.

Hi Sis! :wave:

This was indeed how I got out. LCM often talked about the "devil's treadmill" when in fact, it was us who were spinning our wheels. There weren't enough hours in the week to do everything with work, raising three kids, maintaining a dysfunctional marriage along with all of the twi activities. When we finally got put on "spiritual probation" in 1999, it was a relief more than anything else.

We were supposed to keep listening to the tapes, reading the Way Mag, and of course keep up with the ABS. But no contact with the "household." If we were good, we would be allowed back in six months. It only took a few days to realize I'd be crazy to go back.

Hey! Am I on the "Mark and Avoid List"? I used to be a Way clergy guy. Do any of you "in the know", know whether or not someone like me is on the list? Is there a list somewhere? I "copped out" in 1990. Is there a list of those who are considered as "fallen" anywhere?

JL

Edited by Jonny Lingo

I'm sure that I'm on some list somewhere - but who really cares? As far as I'm concerned TWi is on MY "mark and avoid" list!

:evildenk::evildenk::evildenk:

Oh and welcome back Jonny!

Edited by doojable

Mark and Avoid as we saw it practiced (and experienced) involves a great amount of slander--the more friends and loved ones you had in a branch or area, the more evil stuff they have to say about you. This is, of course, to keep Innies from contacting you--makes them afraid they'll get devil spirits etc.

I suspect they have a list of former members on computers at HQ--the limb coordinator was always faxing stuff, but since there was no real work of the ministry going on...

[so, outintexas - a personal question. Why were you spiritually probated? What had you done or not done that got you so rated?

It was an accumulation of a number of things. We were not getting out of debt quickly enough, although we did sell our perfectly good house with its evil $500 monthly mortgage. Also, our tiny rented house wasn't physically clean enough. Our teenage son was starting to get out of control. Our marriage was a joke. A few months before we finally got the boot, I had a major panic attack from all the stress. I literally thought I was going to die from a heart attack. I guess we were too much maintenance.