"May the Force Be With You"

"I have a bad feeling about this."

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Star Wars

"Obi Wan never told you what happened to your father."

"He told me enough. He told me you killed him."

"No. I am your father."

The Empire Strikes Back

"He pulls a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way. And that's how you'll get Capone."

The Untouchables

"A census taker tried to test me once. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

Silence of the Lambs

From "This Could Happen To You" starring Nicolas Cage, Rosie Perez, and some other gal. After Nicolas Cage wins the lotto, and explains to his wife (Rosie Perez, the ultimate hot chiquita Puerto Rican woman!) that he has to keep his word and split half of the money with that waitress because he gave his word, they continue in their conversation:

Nicolas Cage: "So what am I supposed to do?

Rosie Perez: "Stiff her!"

But of course she says it with that delightful cocky New York Puerto Rican accent, which just cracks me up!

I just heard a good one on "As Good As It Gets"

Nicholson to Kinnear:

"I'm drowning here... and you're describing the water"

A couple of seconds later, Kinnear to Nicholson:

"the best thing you have going for you is your willingness to humiliate yourself... now go over there!"

And a couple of more:

Helen Hunt in her apartment atrium:

"Why can't I just have a normal boyfriend? One that doesn't go nuts on me?"

and then she's interrupted by her "mother" who says:

"everybody wants that dear... it doesn't exist"

This is a pretty good movie for a girl movie...

:wink2: From the movie "The Devil's Advocate"......."The greatest thing that the devil ever did was to convince people that he doesn't exist."

Except that wasn't the Devil's Advocate. It was The Usual Suspects.

From ALMOST FAMOUS

Lester Bangs: So, you're the one who's been sending me those articles from your school newspaper.

William Miller: I've been doing some stuff for a local underground paper, too.

Lester Bangs: What, are you like the star of your school?

William Miller: They hate me.

(Now my favorite line)

Lester Bangs: You'll meet them all again on their long journey to the middle.

Edited by Dot Matrix

Last night I stayed up way too late watching "The Importance of Being Earnest," with Colin Firth and Reese Witherspoon.

Miss Prism said: "The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what fiction means."

And Gwendolyn: "In matters of utmost importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing."

And Jack to Algy: "Algy, you're always talking nonsense.

Algy: It's better than listening to it."

I love that play/movie. Many great one-liners.

Well, I have to agree with George A. on his first choice from Casablanca. BEST line.

But one of the best delivered lines I love is from When Harry Met Sally, right after Meg Ryan's orgasm scene and then the camera pans over to Olympia Dukakis' table with the waiter taking her order and she does the perfect deadpan delivery "I'll have what she's having." :biglaugh:

J.

To Raf for the welcome cinnabun rolls: UMMMM MMMMM mighty tasty!

You said, from the movie "As Good As It Gets", "you make me wanna be a better man" well, Raf, "if ya gets any better, Jesus will lose His position." That is from my soon to be published book, "Just Tells 'em What Dey Wanna Hear." By the famous writer, Ben Over. By the way, that is one of my favorite all time lines from a movie. Tanks, millieand leroy, cuz there's 2 of us in here. Shut up millie, your not supposed to tell everything you know. Aw, leroy, you have such a way with words. OOps, just a little slip, there.

OH Gosh...

Well my favourite was taken... "You want the truth... You can't handle the truth!"

From Jerry Macguire... they're in the elevator... he's just lost his job, she's just quit hers to go with him. A couple enters the elevator. The couple sign to each other then kiss.

They get off the elevator. Jerry says, "I wonder what he said to her."

She (Renée Zelweiger) says... My favourite aunt is hearing impaired. He just said, "You complete me."

Same movie, the mentor something Dickie points to his chest and says, 'If you don't have it here, (then points to his head) this doesn't count."

I LOVE THAT ONE!!!! It's one of my all-time favourites.

Um... sheeshhh...there are so many.

I won't even get into Seinfeld episodes because the thread did say movies.

... ok.. I can't resist...

Joe Davola is going to put the kybosh on me!!!!!!

Hello Newman.

Kramer on his knees begging Jerry to not go and tell the lady across the street to put some close on (masturbation episode), and Kramer begs and says... NO JERRY, Don't do it!!! God knows I've never asked you for much!"

Seabiscuit,

Son, why are you so angry?

Ray, people will come Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come

James Earl Jones in "Field of Dreams."