GreaseSpot Cafe

an update from the studio of me...

:)

howdy gscers!

it seems as if 2006 is hitting the ground running for my artistic path

and so i thought i'd post an update here

in this groovy little corner of the cafe

in this groovy little corner of the w.w.w.

where some of my favorite peeps like to hang out

and if this should spark any interest in any sort of artistically bent conversation

i'd like to try and stick around a bit before i'm off again to you-know-who knows where

...or some other such thing

grace and peace,

+ODD

oh yeah...duh...here is a link to my online gallery

and here is a link to this schwanky lil shindig where i will be showing next weekend...just in case anyone happens to find themselves in beautiful middle-of-nowhere Central Oregon next week

I emailed this to Todd prior to this thread but wanted to repeat it here and asked him if okay that I post it.

If you've not really looked at Bodhilingua at Night up close you really should. It has eyes everywhere. My favorite at the moment is Eros & Agape V.

(from my email to Todd)

I love the site. You've done an amazing job of it. I like the whole feel to it. It's clean and orderly yet constrained almost against it's will as if you knew it had to be subdued because the gallery would pull folks before even seen. There is an anticipation because of the manner you bring us into the site and to your work. And I love order to a certain degree. It makes me less crazy.

Wonderful site, Todd. My favorite piece is Eros & Agape XVII.

A bit off topic, but knowing you're exhibiting in Prineville made me smile. My grandparents lived there years ago, and I still have cousins and an exhusband there. Small world! Do you live near there (if you don't mind my asking)?

hi Linda and Chatty :)

thanks for the feedback

i live less than an hour from Prineville, in Bend.

and even tho im a native oregonian who was also partly raised in central Oregon,

i'm still considered one of the big city invaders to some of the locals

which i can understand...therz quite a land grab going on here in the "new west"

and a lot of retirees taking advantage of the high and dry climate

and sadly enough...gentrification seems to follow the artists

which is why i also strongly support the local rural artists

even tho my work is more contemporary

i am hoping the contemplative aspect of my work resonates with the retirees

of course, some of the elders of the Warm Springs injun rez just nod their head to all this

and say "yep, now you are kinda beginning to feel and know what weer talkin about"

so...i guess we'll see how it goes

:evilshades:

:who_me:

anyway...very nice to know you smiled, LZ

and if you think they might be interested, maybe forward a link for the Sip & Savor to your cousins

(and ex-husband...depending on how that is, of course)

and Chatty...i'd like to post part of my response to your email here, if you dont mind

"I just love the way you expressed all that. Truly. Such quality feedback in like manna to me. Because part of the theories that I study, is that artist, art, and viewer ALL play a part in the constantly unfolding interpretation of the work. And so…your contribution is an actual extension and continuation of the orginal work. Thus, art is always still a work in progress, and you are now a collaborator…bwah ha ha"

Edited by sirguessalot

Alas, I'm not in touch with my cousins and have lost touch with my ex. I did notice when I visited him there in about 1989 or '90 that the town had already changed a lot by then from how it had been when I was a young woman visiting there.

I hope your exhibit goes superbly! Being incredibly untalented in the art category, I'm so impressed that people can pull colors and textures and light and shadow together in such a way that it "speaks." Too cool.

BTW, I'm a native Oregonian too, born in Salem, but I think I've lost all my merit badges, being gone from there for decades.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

seems strange responding over a year later...but here it goes

almost as if in response to Chas's questions (truly sorry for the vast delay), i have recently reconstructed my website again to version +ODD.3 or so

and though my work doesnt suit everyone's tastes...i invite yalls to take a peek and perhaps even be inspired to offer brief or detailed comments

i am gathering them as part of an ongoing experience/experiment of this work

with grace and space...

+ODD

• 3 months later...
seems strange responding over a year later...but here it goes

almost as if in response to Chas's questions (truly sorry for the vast delay), i have recently reconstructed my website again to version +ODD.3 or so

and though my work doesnt suit everyone's tastes...i invite yalls to take a peek and perhaps even be inspired to offer brief or detailed comments

i am gathering them as part of an ongoing experience/experiment of this work

with grace and space...

+ODD

I'm interested to check out your artwork, but the link won't go through. The page can't be displayed.

thanks for the interest

and sincere apologies, as i'm actually in a process of re-reinventing my approach to art...as well as my website

so ive recently pretty much stripped the site of all pages except a placeholder for the front page

which is the link at the top of the thread

not sure when it will be, but if you wish, i will let you know when i redo the site again

thanks again