GreaseSpot Cafe

PFAL Class

freelady

Hello.......I am new here. But I just recieved the PFAL class on dvd and I am going to hold a class here in my home Daytona Florida. The people who attend will be new and will not know anything about twi, all they will get is a real Bible study. I am excitied about this. I took the class in 74 and moved away and was blessed to meet someone a few months ago who could get me the class. Because I have never forgotten the studies. I guess I am lucky I didn't go through what you all did. And I don't know anyone in twi now. I just want people to hear what I heard back then.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome, freelady,

1974 was a long time ago. My first time through PFAL was about then, too. (1972) I'd be curious as to what you think of PFAL now, as an older adult. I'm sure you can't help but notice things about his ability as a public speaker, as well as the content of the class itself.

I remember some good things from the class, and some things that I would take issue with today. I'd be interested in how you see it.

Regards,

Shaz

All things considered, I think I'd rather spend the evening reading the labels off the canned goods in my pantry, or possibly curl up with a copy of the 1978 Congressional Record.

Freelady, maybe just a nice hobby would help. Needlepoint or Macrame maybe?

Sorry to hear that. I work a full time job and am a cookie designer. I have a good life, I also have attended alot of "churches" and have never had the teachings or studies that I learned in PFAL class. It hurts to know such a good thing went bad. But when I ran into a twi member at in 74 i prayed that God would help me. I had such a bad life and I knew there was a God and prayed that he would show me how to get out of my situtation. And along came a girl named Candy in Montgomery Al, it took her 10 trys to get me to a class but when I did, I knew that it was from God (you may not believe that) and I was shown that there was Power in the word of God. I grew up penacostal and all I ever heard was your headed to hell. I am so sorry for the hurt everyone recieved. I am hoping to change a life the way mine was changed. my classes will never hear about TWI if I can help it. only the teachings.

Hello.......I am new here. But I just recieved the PFAL class on dvd and I am going to hold a class here in my home Daytona Florida. The people who attend will be new and will not know anything about twi, all they will get is a real Bible study. I am excitied about this. I took the class in 74 and moved away and was blessed to meet someone a few months ago who could get me the class. Because I have never forgotten the studies. I guess I am lucky I didn't go through what you all did. And I don't know anyone in twi now. I just want people to hear what I heard back then.

That sounds wonderful!

We have ran various twig fellowships and ran many PFAL classes. We have enjoyed every PFAL class that we have ever done, and the majority of class participants have always enjoyed it too.

There certainly are fellowships that still run PFAL classes to this day. About a year ago, they had ten PFAL classes running simultaneously around the nation.

I am sure that you and your family will be blessed!

We will be praying for you guys!

May Our Heavenly Father bless you and keep you.

:)

No I don't know chris greer. I received my class from the belizean biblical research center.

I tried googling it and didn't come up with anything. I would love to have a copy of the class over here on the west coast of FL.

By the way, welcome to the cafe. Here's a cup of coffee for ya.

coffee.jpg

I tried googling it and didn't come up with anything. I would love to have a copy of the class over here on the west coast of FL.

By the way, welcome to the cafe. Here's a cup of coffee for ya.

coffee.jpg

hi.....sorry I didn't get this posted sooner. I have friends in TN who still teach and have home fellowships and they just were in clearwater. I got to meet them here in daytona, when they made a special trip for us to meet. Where on the west coast do you live. my email is cookieaffair@aol.com

I believe the Beliezian Biblical Research Center is being run by Anthony and Patrice Gilmore, former Way Corps of long past. I wonder what made them see Belize as a good place to reinvent The Way...?

the primo ganja?

I don't know... other than they can probably get away with what they're doing there without fear of TWI being able to prosecute them...

But when I ran into a twi member at in 74 i prayed that God would help me. I had such a bad life and I knew there was a God and prayed that he would show me how to get out of my situtation. And along came a girl named Candy in Montgomery Al, it took her 10 trys to get me to a class but when I did, I knew that it was from God (you may not believe that) and I was shown that there was Power in the word of God.

Freelady, I believe that. That's what happened to me, too.

I see the Belizean offshoot selling books on ebay--brand new books. The prevailing word editions which means someone has to be getting those from twi. I wonder how they are able to do this since twi doesn't sell books to people no longer involved? I'm surprised they want to sell prevailing word editions since there were edits made to those books to accommodate the "new" doctrines of twi.

Greetings, freelady!

Many of us who took that class still think it's a good idea to learn how to understand

the Bible.

If you're interested in making your "best get better", then some of us would be

ready and willing to help you make improvements on the pfal class as taught.

Heck-that was my approach when I was IN twi,

so I've always thought that was a good approach.

I talked with a friend who is longer with twi. They have bought the tapes from a company who now holds the copyrights on them. The story, from what they understood, is that twi sold the rights because they no longer wanted to pay for the copyright.

They have to pay a huge amount of money for a short period of time to keep them all to themselves. I guess since they no longer run that class at all, for any reason, they didn't want to justify the expense.

I don't know what company, if anyone is interested I can ask.

Copyrights last for the author's life plus fifty years. They cost around $35 for a book.Copyrights held by a corporation might have a different time period--I didn't reseach.

If the copies are made in a country that doesn't honor copyright laws, then they can get away with swiping a copyrighted work--no law broken in that country. But it is still stealing.

It seems odd that TWI would sell the copyright to their founding father's work.