GreaseSpot Cafe

Stuff you can do here

Guest Administrator

Guest Admin

There is no exact equivalent of that in this new forum.

But if you are logged in, it does mark stuff read and when you come back the next time, you can click on new posts on the front page and it will give you a list of what's new since you were there last.

You can also use the MyPop feature and highlight threads that you want to follow and it will keep you posted in MyPop

I've looked and looked, but can't find a "preview" function... is there one?

Also - there's a counter for how many hits there have been on a post, but not how many people have actually posted. Don't know if we need it, but I'm sorta used to it!

Hey, I don't get a screen thanking me for contributing. What's up with that?

A couple of things: I tend to read certain posters rather than certain threads. Is there a way to set it up so you can see who wrote the most recent post on each thread? It used to give the name, but not anymore. Is it something I did?

Another thing. With quotes, links, bold, italics, etc., do you use the [ or Is it the same as the other board, or do I have to learn something new? If I have to learn something new, I need a coach.

This is sort of a minor point because I don't frequent the chat room, but even if I wanted to I can't. Is that a problem with my computer or with the link or what? I know others have mentioned it, but I didn't follow the threads closely enough to know what the outcome was for people who get an error message when they try to go into the chatroom.

Well, it's a snappy board. I really like the search capability. Here we are, nar' a week in to this baby, and I typed in a search for "tithe", as if I were an innie doin' research on how to be an outtie and BAM! it kicked it up a notch right to the 4 posts that used that word, and quick!

UBB is swell.

Laleo, I'm sure the electronic gremlins are grateful for your contributions, maybe it's just holding the thank you's until the end of the week and you'll get a big KISS and a card. I noticed it didn't come up a couple times too. Where's my card?

Is the time/space meter needle supposed to be jumping around like that? *tap-tap*...sqwrkltpzfttt@#$%^&!!!!!!.....

lessee if this shows:

:hi:

and

:yum:

noper. went to a ubb faq page at fiveinarow dot com and saw a list of smilies supported, but maybe it's another deal altogether. not that i'm the in the greatest need or more smilies, but there were some cool ones there i'd never seen before. any idea if they're part of ubb, paw? don't want to make more work if you have to add 'em in, just wonderin' for the people who like 'em.

Is the time/space meter needle supposed to be jumping around like that? *tap-tap*...sqwrkltpzfttt@#$%^&!!!!!!.....

• 10 months later...

I still want to know where to login. Where it says you are not logged in and yo hit login it doesn't work so I have to keep bugging poor Paw to help me and he is doing his best but I still get logged in and out and an't seem to stay loged in. I hope this makes sence, to someone who may have the same problem and has solved it. Its agravating when you want to post and can't cux your not logged in and can't figure ut how to do it. MY, my ,my Ihope im not toomuch ofa pain in the buttocks. I love you all. Hip,hip horray for Paw. He's done agreat sevice to us all. Love him much for puting up with me.

Dovey

I don't know where that screen is when I hit login it says I'm logged in but I wasn't, bu no I am. Also where is mypop?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the login screen there is a checkbox that says something like, "Check here if you don't want to keep logging in". Do you check that box before logging in?

posted April 30, 2003 12:12

Previous Topic | Next Topic

Chat Room www.gscafe.com Navigating through the Forums New Forum Questions and tips Stuff you can do here Reply

Contact Us | Chat Room

© 2002

View $GS_USERNAME's Public Profile

Add $GS_USERNAME to my Contacts

Invite $GS_USERNAME to a Private Topic

View Recent Posts by $GS_USERNAME

Notify me of New Posts by $GS_USERNAME

Rate Topic

Quick Reply to: Stuff you can do here

Dovey

Can you log out? If so, log out. Then log back in. But before you do, look at this screen shot. I've circled the box that needs to be checked so you don't have to keep logging in.

DO NOT check the second box that says, "Check this option to disable the advanced interface." You'll lose a whole lot of options if you do.

If this works, then you will have a toolbar that looks like this. I've circled the My Space tab.

If this doesn't work for you, then I don't know how to help. Sigh.

sig000.jpg

• 3 months later...

i've never seen a thread where you can add a subject line to replies. Even in this thread, the first two replies have subject lines, so this thread should allow it, right? Well, it don't.

Is it limited to moderators?