GreaseSpot Cafe

Episode Number Two is here

pawtucket

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, LikeanEagle. :(

When I first moved to Florida nobody could understand me. I would get fries when I ordered a Sprite and all kinds of frustrating things like that. People talked to me like I was stupid and I missed a couple of promotions because of that stereotype, so I worked very hard on my enunciation.

I promise it comes back after a few glasses of wine or a chat with family and friends back home. I'll gladly give you a southern drawl anytime you want to hear one; just pm me your phone number. ;) :drink:

Thanks. :)

You know, it was surprisingly incredibly cathartic to talk to Paw. He is a great interviewer and makes you feel completely at ease. He asks good questions and his voice is so soothing. This was the first time I've gone through my whole story beginning to end and it dredged up a lot of things, but not necessarily in a bad way.

Obviously he got way more than he bargained for getting me on the phone. :biglaugh: I dont envy him having to listen to me live, then however much he had to in his editing process. He's probably going to be very glad to be done with this one! LOL!

There are some surprises, I think, that people will be shocked to learn. I do hope it helps others. I've taken so much from everyone here that it would be nice to feel like I've given back, even if it's just a very little bit.

It was really wild to learn from outside sources some of the things you personally knew were going inside the walls of twi where it appeared to be a secret for the greater part. A serious head rush I tell you. And I too shared the paranoia that someone would get revelation that I was hiding in secret at home learning what I could from this site. I'd never been to WayDale.

Thanks Paw and Belle.

Paw and Belle

THere is alot to be said about live radio. I didnt know what was told to innies about LCM and his doings.Of course, the way it was handled is very typical..thank you for enlightening us and look forward to the Part II series.....there is such a shadow of fear upon them,very sad...I know I still feel it at times cause I left in late 99.

Wooohoo Belle! I knew that you had been in a huge struggle while in twi. The dark frustrating days of someone trying so hard to do what was right. It is amazing to hear what you went through....

You sure were gutsy....I never dared disobey leadership or spouse.

I remember your different gs personalities....how I loved each one of you...never knowing that they were all the same person....I worried so over each of you as you dropped off the radar.....lol.

Girl, you are one brave strong lady...It is hard to hear the details of your struggle to remain honorable...the fight to save your marriage....

The details of how controlling, the lack of compassion, demonstrate once again what an ugly organization twi is....

How unworthey they all were of your efforts.

I am eagerly awaiting the second installment :)

Belle, dear sister. We've talked hours on end. I've read your posts. We've chatted.

But sister, I never got the depth of what you went through.

I listened to this podcast as soon as I knew it had been posted. It's taken this long for the reality to sink in and settle down enough that I could say anything.

I am so sorry for all that you have gone through...and are still going through.

But sister girl...you are doing it all with such class and such bravery and such strength!

These GS Radio episodes are priceless...for telling the stories...and for celebrating each and every person's class, bravery and strength while going through sheer hell.

Cant wait for the second half. Belle and ChasUFarley (from the first one!!), thanks for bearing your souls. :eusa_clap:

Paw, you are a good interviewer.

Thank God for our freedom.

And a special thanks to Paw for this website and forum. It has helped me tremendously and I went thru NOTHING compared to many of the folks here.

Awwww (((((Belle))))

So much to say.... It is SO awsome that you were able to strike out against twi instead of just slinking off into oblivion like so many of us did when we left.

I am moved to tears at what you had to sacrifice under the auspices of being an honorable wafer....

Your ability to rally the forces and deflect suspicion ...lmao...

I liked that you managed to turn the tables and interview pawtucket for a bit :)

Paw.....I, like a two yr old that who is perpetually demanding and NEVER satisfied lol.....think that we need a THIRD installment....I want to hear how and when Belle finally gave twi the finger....I want to know what happened when folks found out that Belle was the infamous *insurgent*!!!

Paw I thought it was so funny that you knew exactly when/where/how twi was *infiltrating* the boards here..

Thanks guys....Thanks for this sharing of yourself Belle :)

Wow that was great!!!!!!

Paw great job in letting the person get out the story.

Belle, You know , I started to listen to this about 5:45 this morning. Awful hard not to shed a tear when you broke down. On a happier note, as rascal wrote. I was caught up in every word about all the things you did and how you had twi beating their heads against the wall.

Great job you two.

Edited by justloafing

Announcements