GreaseSpot Cafe

.php

CoolWaters

OK, on a place where I blog I have the option to 'Syndicate this blog'.

So I click on that and am supposed to open or save to disk some .php file.

I've gone to a couple of web sites trying to get an understanding of this...but am getting more confused.

What is this? What program do I need to open .php files? What kind of files are they? Ect., etc., etc.

Cool,

The .php pages are supposed to be loaded automatically by your web browser. They are a lot like web pages but have additional script instructions in them that handle things like fill out forms, and other things.

As to how to get around your problem tho, I'm not sure, but I'll try to find an answer for you online.

php is a scripting language. php script is executed by running it through the php engine. Most web sites run php in their web server as a module, so when you request a php page (as all pages on this site are), it is parsed, compiled, and executed.

But, that's not what you have here. What you have is a link to an RSS feed. It is meant to be used in a news / RSS reader application, such as Omea Reader (there are several out there). It can also be placed within a web site to link to blog entries on another site.

See here for more information: http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/rssand...s.htm?terms=rss

Edited by GreasyTech