GreaseSpot Cafe

5th Family

lost childhood

• 2 months later...

Yes me too. I ws 7th.

I begged to go to Rome City after my interim year was up and got it in the fall time.

We cleaned out the ponds. I loved it because LCM was not there. The only bad thing was Bob and Dottie. being there. It was just different than HQ and Emporia.

The food was better too.

thaT' Cause the 7th was in charge of the food :0)

The family Corps couples with their kids were so cool I thought, seemed so much more relaxed than the single crowd with .....LCM (gee I wonder why)...... I also got to come back in the spring time, that was so cool. I spent time baby sitting some fam 5th corps kids and fam 6th ? or 7th? the numbers confuse me now.....

But I did enjoy the place and the people.

Valerie

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Tom and Linda, we were in the fourth family corps with Gary and Kathy Barton, Wanda and Dean Rhodes, Joan Cia, Katie Beck, Joe Cochalata, Tom and Vickie. I'd be able to think of more if I really thought about it. Rome City had pretty grounds and we did have good food.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I was in the 9th Corps and was sent to RC in June of my first year in residence. Met some fine families in the 3rd and 5th family corps. A few jerks but overall mostly wonderful people. I got over being scared to death of little kids. I had a great time. I worked alot, volunteered alot, ate good and was under the radar.

Well welcome.

I hope I was not one of the jerks.

If I was Please in the name of Our master forgive me.

I was in a cult and taught I was doing the right thing.

My name is Danny Brouillette. My wife and I was the in resident

whatever Family 5 persons. Gald yall came.

There were a few wonerful people from the 9th which I'm sure you were one of them.

To top off your 9th buddies we(my wife & I ) went on staff at HQ for our

intrim and made friends with other great 9th. Joe C one of the funniest guys

in the world. Rob & C good memories.

To top off your 9th buddies we(my wife & I ) went on staff at HQ for our

intrim and made friends with other great 9th. Joe C one of the funniest guys

in the world.

He still is... especially when he posts here at the ol' cafe ...! :)

i love you and karie

Hey ExCath,

Love you too. I have a great if fuzzy memory (well it was only 25 years ago) of being on a ROA clean-up crew with you and a bunch of other fun 9th corps. (Wasn’t that you?) We rode around in the back of a big truck picking up really gross, stinky garbage and getting filthy and the weird thing was it was a blast. I think it was the company.

it was DEFINITELY the company (((((((((((((((((( hugs )))))))))))))))))))))

who was it besides you and me ? i think terry ayers and beatle bailey and who else ????

so very good to see you and the master's son !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah shucks, thanks for the hug and right back at you. Glad to be here. I can't really remember who else was there, maybe Judy Cunningham? Not sure.