GreaseSpot Cafe

Christian Music

up on high

Steven Curtis Chapman, The Gaither Family, The Carter Family. Patty Loveless, Sounds of Blackness, Lyle Lovette, Wynona Judd. Lari White, Emmylou Harris...

I have the soundtrack to "The Apostle" all the artists above are from it. EXCELLENT Soundtrack. To me anyway. Inspiring music.

PS. I wouldn't call Sounds of Blackness easy listening but hot damn, they're so good I had to fit them in there somewhere!

babyrott60percent.gif

...Ain't no grave, gonna hold this body down..when I hear that trumpet sound...

p

I love Michael W. Smith especially "Friends"

I love "4 him"

They have a song "Where there is faith..." Best Christian song EVER!

I had the CD a few years back called "Along the Road" with three female artisits: Susan Ashton, Mrgaret Becker, Christine Dente The WHOLE CD makes me have goose bumps it was so GREAT!

I LOVE "POINT of GRACE" they also give me goose bumps.

Dot Matrix

have any of you seen the commercials for the worship together music cd's??? they have musicians & groups, like sonic flood, that have been writing new christian music for the new generation. They have some great music like "i could sing of your love forever", "heart of worship", "Open the eyes of my heart", & "better is one day". I don't go to church, I don't read the bible, but these songs reach in to your soul and comfort even the most distressed person.

check out the cd's at www.timelifemusic.com

and click on worship/gospel

bless u all

I'm not sure you could call this "easy listening" but we have started getting Hillsong Australia's music, I think the lead singer is Darlene Zscech. It is awesome music! The lyrics are full of praise and love towards God and Jesus. They have brought me to tears many times.

Another group i really love is Selah (NOT TWI's group! LOL!) This is a brother/sister and friend trio. Todd and Nicole Smith and Allan Hall. These guys sing a lot of old hymns with a lot of soul!

Some of my favorites (plus stuff above I've come to love as well):

icon_smile.gif:)-->Elvis. Gaither produced a 2-cd set, "He Touched Me, Gospel music of Elvis Presley"

icon_smile.gif:)-->WOW Jam (not twi), Steve and Linda Tavani

icon_smile.gif:)-->Andrew and Jacqui Strom, from Australia.

icon_smile.gif:)-->Acapella, a male quartet that sings gospel.

Isn't it awesome that there are so many wonderful people making a joyful noise unto the Lord!

icon_smile.gif:)-->," God

• 2 weeks later...