GreaseSpot Cafe

What Constitutes Throwing Stones in your opinion?

Abigail

Allan,

In case you haven't noticed, I don't really give a rats behind what you call me. The pathetic truth that you can't seem to face is that EVERYONE has gotten your point and NO ONE even NEEDED me to name names ore religious organizations because we have already heard it over and over and over and over and over and over.

"Now, can someone please get the thread back to 'throwing stones' ??"

Well gee, Allan, the shoes on the other foot now, isn't it!?! Personally, I am not feeling particularly inclined towards going back to throwing stones per se. I'm rather enjoying watching to flip out because you so obviously cannot handle what you have dished out.

In another thread you seemd to think it was perfectly acceptable to call someone fat, because you were simply stating a fact. Never mind that the topic of the thread invovled someone revealing something they felt emotionally vulnerable - you didn't give one whit about that then, now did you.

So if you can call someone a fattie - why can't I call you an a**hole? Afterall, if the shoe fits? And if it doesn't fit (and I am ALWAYS willing to leave room for that possibility) then why not show some of us some other aspects of your personality?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Abi, I think a$$hole is an understatement and being too generous. One doesn't even have to read his posts to know they contain nothing of value, just pure venom, b.s. and defnitely nothing any self-respecting "Christian" would say or do.

ya know allan... I've never understood your fixation with MO and her faith... she's not on here recruiting... and no one takes her that way... you believe your way, she believes hers, etc, etc, etc...

She likes it and is happy to talk about it... just like you are about your fellowship thing...

I just don't get what the big deal is to you... but it really has been a sad reflection upon your character...

"I have one pet peeve...people in 'glass house throwing stones' !!"

Alan, you have created your own glass house here at GS and you painted a bullseye on it with you incessant stalking and harrasment of Mo (among other things.)

You pet peeve is laughable.

<Sound of glass breaking as Goey lobs a stone>

Allan Dear.

I'm so sorry, I left for a day of non-computer and fellow humans and I return to find you in the middle of a firestorm during a rousing game with teams "It's MY Job to Ferret out the Heathen" and team "We're all GSers Lets Set Some Ground Rules". I just wanted to take the time to let you know that I am feeling fine, the walls of my glass house are still in good repair, and my wacky beliefs are perking along happily in my mind.

I see half time is over the field is reassembling , need to let you get back, good luck. And oh yes I have found this wonderful new Substance, clear Jasper You might want to consider using it for repairs around your place, I mean if it will hold salt water Croc and a Great White Shark.... oops sorry brought that in from another thread

CHARGE!!!!

And here we are - back to throwing stones. And yes I will admit I threw some. And yes I will admit I have it within me to be a real female dog and I am NOT ashamed of it. In fact, I think at times it is very healthy to get in touch with your inner *itch.

But as in all things, there is a balance. Going off on someone new, simply because you are unsure of who they are should be out of bounds. Throwing boulders at someone who clearly and obviously is gentle of nature, and tender of heart should be out of bounds. But I firmly believe that giving it back to someone who is dishing it out is perfectly acceptable.

We all have something of value to offer here and no one should be excluded. I have not read every post Allan has ever written and I am sure he too has contributed valuable gems to these forums, despite my distaste for some of his posts and behaviors.

Edited by Abigail

Awww Socksness, who sez you don't play nice?

As for your stones, one word comes to mind: legendary.

All that comes to mind now, after mulling this topic over for the past few days, is an old "shaggy dog" story. It's long, as shaggy dog stories tend to be, so I'll just cut to the punch line:

People in grass houses shouldn't store thrones.

Mo, you rock. You've shown great restraint and class.

Thanks for getting honest Abi. I don't mind being called names at all, if that's yer penchant, I never complained about being called names. (note : you called yerself a 'stone thrower, *itch etc..) something I would never do..

I've never complained about Belle jumping in either to 'valiantly defend her fellow sistahood' and thump her chest and again offer to be a moderator (God help GS if that ever happened)

I defend my beliefs here against all-comers whether they be 'new-ager', 'wiccan', 'jw', 'agnostic', 'lsd's' whatever....as many of my posts attest to. And I believe that is my right on this forum, no matter what some of you 'thought police' think.

If Paw only wants VP, PFAL mockers and haters posting here, then I guess he will 'moderate' me.

But I can at least put my hand on my heart and say that I have never spewed out venom towards a fellow poster the way a few of you have.

I know all about throwing real stones.

When I was much younger, hanging around with other kids in the middle of the summer, bored with nothing better to do, one of our favorite past-times was throwing rocks at hornets' nests - and running!

Boy that was fun.

I never got stung, but some of my friends did. But one day, while we were waging battle with the hornets,

just as I turned, one of my friend's wayward rocks hit me straight in the eye, shattering the lenses in my glasses. Wow, that hurt. Fortunately I didn't lose an eye, or end up with glass shards in my eyeball. That would have reallly hurt.

Danny

I defend my beliefs here against all-comers whether they be 'new-ager', 'wiccan', 'jw', 'agnostic', 'lsd's' whatever....as many of my posts attest to. And I believe that is my right on this forum, no matter what some of you 'thought police' think.

I guess that's where I'm confused Allan... you may have caught a little flak when you first got here, but I honestly don't remember it if you did... what I do remember is you had a 'chip on your shoulder' for wicca and LDS and others that didn't "agree" with your theology... what I remember is that it was very important to you when you first came on here that folks post "what they were"... (I do remember you getting flak for that and deservedly so IMO)...

But folks constantly harrassing you like you have MO? ...I never saw that, if you can show it to me I'll gladly rescind my statement that your character is somewhere on the lower rungs... no one is saying "you have to be like everybody else" or "your beliefs don't matter" we're just saying "what are you proving by constant harrassment?"

And on this thread I posted on, I 'deliberately' did not mention any names or org. Abi was the first to bring it up. Why ? I don't know..maybe she was in one of her (in her own words) female dog moods or *itch moods.

And (in her own words again), she is not ashamed of acting that way. So why try to shame other people for (supposedly) being a male dog, or an *ss-hole (as Belle so eloquently puts it) ...yeah, real classy Belle.

Tom..to get back to your question...come on, the way Sogwap, Freud and Jung, CKmckeon not to mention a number of other first time and 'new' posters get 'jumped on' here....who REALLY has the problem ??

Hell, EVEN Paw got jumped on when he brought this up !! So, I ask again...who REALLY has the problem with 'mind-set', 'reading into things', 'suspicion '(evil or otherwise), 'stone throwing' etc...

I believe this is what is frustrating for Paw.

Who really displays these symptoms Tom ??

Thats me off this thread (probably)

p.s. and I don't know why you would be confused about me...I've probably got one of the most transparent curriculum vitaes here on GS, I post what I believe, I hardly ever 'flame' or 'abuse' posters, i don't hide behind a made up GS 'handle'...??!!

Well Allan... if that's your "defense" for why you harrass MO "becuase other people get jumped on"... I guess that's your defense...

But folks "taking issue" with something someone posts is IMO far different than the stalking type harrassment that you practice on MO...

And don't even try to use the "I didn't use any names, etc" defense for the post here... it appeared to be a pretty thinly veiled jab... (I did use the word 'appeared' and perception is what it's about most of the time isn't it?)...

Edited by Tom Strange

pps..and as I've stated before, the signs, miracles, wonders I have witnessed and been involved with even after leaving twi 'attests' TO ME that there is ample fruit in my life in my work for Jesus Christ. I'm not interested in being a 'lard- ar*e' pseudo- Christian for HIM, that's probably where myself and other posters part our own ways.

****posted by ABIGAIL*************

"note : you called yerself a 'stone thrower, *itch etc..) something I would never do.."

I suspect that is only because I said it first and because you know it wouldn't make any difference to me if you did. But I"m betting, if you knew where my vulnerable spot was and thought you could get to it - you would. Thing is, I've seen enough of your posts by now, that as I said in a different thread, you lack credibility in my opinion and therefore you have no power over my weak areas.

"I defend my beliefs here against all-comers whether they be 'new-ager', 'wiccan', 'jw', 'agnostic', 'lsd's' whatever....as many of my posts attest to."

You have gone way beyond "defending your beliefs", leapt well across that boundary and into one that is tantamount to force feeding your beliefs upon others. And why is it mostly only Mo and the LDS? See, it doesn't add up. There are a number of people who believe very differently than you, whom you don't stalk and force feed your crap to. I am Jewish - my beliefs are different than yours. But I guarantee you if you had done to me, what you have done to Mo. . . . well lets just say Paw would have to ban one of us because as is obvious from this thread, I am not as gracious and patient and she is.

And don't misunderstand. I am aware that Mo is perfectly capable of handling herself. But I am sick and tired of seeing discussion after discussion that I would LIKE to participate in, get totally sidetracked by your obsession. So it doesn't effect just her - it effects many of those who would like to participate in conversations where she posts.

"If Paw only wants VP, PFAL mockers and haters posting here, then I guess he will 'moderate' me."

What Paw wants and choses to do is up to Paw. But I do not have issues with those who are often called "VPW Defenders" as long as they are respectful of others. I have had many conversations and respectful debates with Oldiesman, Mike, and JohnIam. I have likewise had a couple of fun converstations with one of our newer posters who is still involved with TWI. To me, it is simple - you want to be treated with respect? Then give some to the others around you. You have failed miserable there.

"But I can at least put my hand on my heart and say that I have never spewed out venom towards a fellow poster the way a few of you have."

Perspective and filters. Allan, perhaps you should go back and re-read your own posts. Even AFTER being told, (for example) that your remarks on the "fat" thread were not helpful and were in fact, hurtful, you continued anyway. So don't try to sell me the "poor Allan" bit, because I"m not buying. Nor do I believe you have been misunderstood.

Likewise, Allan - I have been hanging at the cafe nearly since the day it opened. Even people who don't particularly like me would not describe me as venemous. It is the rare person who can actually draw my inner bitch out on these forums - so congrats, you've accomplished what few others could do.

"to get back to your question...come on, the way Sogwap, Freud and Jung, CKmckeon not to mention a number of other first time and 'new' posters get 'jumped on' here....who REALLY has the problem ??

Hell, EVEN Paw got jumped on when he brought this up !! "

I agree that new posters often get treated like crap around here. Hell, I was once one of those new posters who got 'initiated". I've made my views on that perfectly clear. But you no longer qualify as a new poster and you have earned the reputation you now have. Question is, if you don't like it, what are you going to do about it?

As for Paw, well some of us disagreed with his assessment of a particular conversation, but I'd hardly call what anyone did in expressing their disagreement as "jumping on him". Perhaps you simply need more time to learn how to respectfully disagree with or debate with someone else.

"pps..and as I've stated before, the signs, miracles, wonders I have witnessed and been involved with even after leaving twi 'attests' TO ME that there is ample fruit in my life in my work for Jesus Christ. I'm not interested in being a 'lard- ar*e' pseudo- Christian for HIM, that's probably where myself and other posters part our own ways."

Well damned good for you. I'm not interested in being a Christian, pseudo or otherwise, so I guess we almost agree on something.

I think you pick on those whom you think you can get away with picking on and you have absolutely no balls whatsoever, When someone gives you back a bit of what you have dished out you start whining and crying "poor me".

Well, as my dad used to say, "you plant potatoes you get potatoes". So, if you don't like the venom being spewed at you, you have 3 choices that I can think of: 1) you can leave, 2) you can make sure you don't spill any of your own venom, or 3) you can make sure you don't spill your venom on any of the threads I post on. I have ignored your venom on a number of threads for quite some time now, and I am done ignoring you.

I really hope you opt for number 2, because if you've produced fruit as you say you have, you have a lot of valuable things to contribute here.

Edited by Sushi

Naw...I 'suspect' your *itch comes out when you don't get your own way (like another foot stompin, chest beatin' poster here) !! Hey...no names mentioned here o.k. ..If anyone mentions a name they would have to associate that name with what I just said...so don't assume o.k. !!

Goey wrote something that made me think while I listened to the Episode 4 awhile ago, and Allan, I wanted to share this with you, from a Christian viewpoint it says a lot towards what I would call wise advise in regards to Christian interaction with others. I DON'T believe it's describing a rule of practice that can be shoe horned to fit in any situation but the overall sense of it speaks, dare I say, profoundly to the mindset of a Christian. Here it is from Corinthians 10 -

27 If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake.

28 But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof:

29 Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's conscience?

30 For if I by grace be a partaker, why am I evil spoken of for that for which I give thanks?

31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:

33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

Thanks, sock. I just wrote out a long post that wasn't nearly so gracious and was having second thoughts about posting it. I'm glad you wrote yours.

Allan, I still would like to say that, honestly, the reason people are getting so annoyed with you is because you tend to be very persistent, and, whether you realize it or not, also insulting, which makes your persistence even harder to take. No one wants to put a muzzle on you, but we all need space to be able to thoughtfully consider other opinions and ideas, without one voice dominating or derailing the discussion.

Yours is one of the more strident voices on GreaseSpot, and it's part of what is contributing to the current tone here.

Again, people are getting frustrated with you, not because you are a Christian, not because of your belief in the law of believing, not because you found a goldmine in PFAL. People are frustrated with your (lack of) social skills. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but that's how it is.

Let me repeat Tom's question:

But folks constantly harrassing you like you have MO? ...I never saw that, if you can show it to me I'll gladly rescind my statement that your character is somewhere on the lower rungs... no one is saying "you have to be like everybody else" or "your beliefs don't matter" we're just saying "what are you proving by constant harrassment?"

I am interested in your answer.

That speaks to Christian conduct in society in a big way. I think it's a part of Paul's core message as a PERSON, and how he chose to live his faith as he carried out his life's work. It eludes to a level of hmmm, call it "spirituality" that's very down to earth. I thought of it during the episode 4 part where they were discussing finding the "balance", a topic my wife loves (I could almost hear her laughing in your voices ladies, she is a very balanced person) and how so often we know exactly what it is as we swing by it to one extreme or another. :)

Point being in regards to interaction here, on this wacky li'l internet board - it's possible to be grounded in one's own beliefs and yet accomodate others, for the simple purpose of allowing yourself and them to interact in a loving and meaningful way to the end that what you (Or I) have to offer actually has an opportunity to be read and considered in a real way.

No one would say that Paul was given to entertaining "idol worship" or such things that he felt were contrary to his faith, but at the same time he knew that his participation with people of such beliefs didn't harm him because he knew what he was doing and why and when it came to things like sharing a meal blessed to another "god" or sharing time with those people he wasn't blaspheming his own faith. He put those kinds of things in balance.

Yet and here's the kicker - he also knew that he had a responsibility to consider the feelings of other Christians who would see such things and wonder what the heck he was doing. It seems he says he proceeded carefully, thoughtfully and honestly to both himself and others, and in such a way that he would not offend anyone. Or maybe at least not everyone all the time.

Paul wasn't a man given to blowing people off. He reads like a considerate individual, true to his beliefs, consistent in his pursuit of his life's work, always trying to find that way that would reach that person in front of him at that time. He got down and dirty, debated, hit the floor with his disseratations when it was time, witnessed to what he himself had come to know was true. And still aspired to this level of being non-offensive to others, living with a degree of dignity that's insipiring at times. Pretty cool.

Whether viewed in a Christian context or otherwise, I think anyone can benefit from that. It doesn't compromise anything. It allows for ones own beliefs and ideas to stand on their own. If they're good, good will come.

Actually Laleo...the 'current tone' here on GS was formed by peoples responses to Sogwaps posting, Freuds posting, Jungs posting, Paws posting. None of which I posted on (except for Paws). I'm sorry but I won't be used as a scapegoat for them who 'presumed', 'postulated', 'speculated', 'flamed', 'insulted' on those threads. As I said to Tom, I believe that those posts indicate where the root of the real problem lies.

Just look at the last couple of 'stone throwing' posts !