GreaseSpot Cafe

Law of Believing or Love of Believing

God first

Law of Believing or Love of Believing

08-12-2007

Here I am as I reaching out to you the reader of these words I am about to write with grace, peace, and love from God our Father in Creation which loves us more then creation itself.

I going to be bold here and say I perceive believing is not a by law but by love build with help from above.

If believing was a law than there be no hope for mankind because once man fall he lost the right to be whole without sin his fleshly side show its face.

Otherwise before the fall Adam did not have to deal with any weakness nothing he did was wrong but once Adam did wrong he had to balance right from wrong.

Adam had to walk by fleshly ideals or spiritual ideals the big choice picture had come into play and his image had changed from only seeing spiritual to having to think by what he saw, heard, smelled, tasted, or handle and from this he tried to do right

Unbelief had come to make it hard for him to trust in God’s plan for mankind and he began believing only by what he saw, heard, smelled, tasted, or handle but believing come by trust.

To the point trusting God has a plan to get us back to his loving hands for God’s love that takes care of our every need.

Let me try to help you see the picture by painting a picture in your head lets say your son is sick and you asked for him to be healed.

If believing is a law your fear overcomes your belief in the healing like in the verses of the bible Mark 9:24 "And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief."

If believing was a law the Lord could not help the men’s unbelief but the man would of had to changed his unbelief to belief.

But with love God one can use grace to come in and heal the men’s son even that the man’s belief is weak because of what ever reason.

Believing is past tense not when it came to past but when we trust God to make a way were all we know naturally tells us there is no hope.

The men had some believing but he had more fear but the little trust that God would make a way was enough for God to move and help.

To see more about believing lets look at the story of Jonah and the fish that swallow up Jonah.

Jonah 1:1 Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying,

2 Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me.

3 But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD.

Jonah took believing action to go to Tarshish so he went Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish.

Jonah 1:4 But the LORD sent out a great wind into the sea, and there was a mighty tempest in the sea, so that the ship was like to be broken.

5 Then the mariners were afraid, and cried every man unto his god, and cast forth the wares that were in the ship into the sea, to lighten it of them. But Jonah was gone down into the sides of the ship; and he lay, and was fast asleep.

While the mariners were full of fear Jonah was not but relax enough to sleep while the wind blow against the ship.

Jonah 1:6 So the shipmaster came to him, and said unto him, What meanest thou, O sleeper? arise, call upon thy God, if so be that God will think upon us, that we perish not.

7 And they said every one to his fellow, Come, and let us cast lots, that we may know for whose cause this evil is upon us. So they cast lots, and the lot fell upon Jonah.

8 Then said they unto him, Tell us, we pray thee, for whose cause this evil is upon us; What is thine occupation? and whence comest thou? what is thy country? and of what people art thou?

9 And he said unto them, I am an Hebrew; and I fear (respect) the LORD, the God of heaven, which hath made the sea and the dry land.

10 Then were the men exceedingly afraid, and said unto him, Why hast thou done this? For the men knew that he fled from the presence of the LORD, because he had told them.

11 Then said they unto him, What shall we do unto thee, that the sea may be calm unto us? for the sea wrought, and was tempestuous.

12 And he said unto them, Take me up, and cast me forth into the sea; so shall the sea be calm unto you: for I know that for my sake this great tempest is upon you.

13 Nevertheless the men rowed hard to bring it to the land; but they could not: for the sea wrought, and was tempestuous against them.

14 Wherefore they cried unto the LORD, and said, We beseech thee, O LORD, we beseech thee, let us not perish for this man's life, and lay not upon us innocent blood: for thou, O LORD, hast done as it pleased thee.

15 So they took up Jonah, and cast him forth into the sea: and the sea ceased from her raging.

16 Then the men feared the LORD exceedingly, and offered a sacrifice unto the LORD, and made vows.

17 Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

Jonah never believed for the great fish to swallow him up but the fish did.

Jonah 2:1 Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly,

2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

3 For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me.

4 Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple.

5 The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head.

6 I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God.

7 When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.

8 They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.

9 But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.

10 And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.

After reading this story one can see Jonah was not walking in fear of a fish and he was believing to go other than were God wanted him to go.

So one can say believing works only if it’s the will of God and only for the believer but not as a law but more like a love by God’s will but there is more lets look at another story.

Mark 9:17 And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit;

18 And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not.

19 He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.

A faithless generation is a generation with limited believing one that lacks the believe God’s Will or word will come to past as he said.

Mark 9:20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.

21 And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child.

22 And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us.

23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.

26 And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.

27 But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose.

28 And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?

29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

The father here had limited believing but it was the will of God that the child be healed so believing is by love with grace by God’s will which has nothing to do with a law.

Think on this my friends, thank you, with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy