GreaseSpot Cafe

Should VPW's Name Be Removed from The Genesis Pursuit?

Eagle

When you speak evil of any opponent it looks and sounds as if your attacking and is negative.

In my small town we have had the same mayor for two decades, the new guys campaign is they need change and when i ask them why do we have the problems?

it is of course the current mayor problem. he isnt getting the job done.

now many people will feel attacked at that not because they love the mayor just the tactics being used to win an agruement is considered a low blow because who has not been accussed of not getting it right? So it puts you in the bad corner of now PROVING just how much worse he is than you.

and your credits are that good?

see what i mean.

We all want clean campiagns why? because it is to difficult to filter out personal feeling and attacks and to prove your point and often taken as a low blow for "personal reasons".

most are indeed sensitive to it.

look at the race for the white house.

i think you should leave his name out of it and allow your ideals to speak for their won merit.

Eagle - I'd go back the the reason you wrote the book in the first place.

Is there a message you want a broader audience to read?

Life is short. Make the most of what you have.

You know, just because a lot of Wayfers don't buy your book now, it doesn't mean that they won't in the future. All you need is a handful culties sneaking a peek. If your research and findings are sound those that still have a part of their minds not branded with the Way insignia on it will be able to recognize that. They will recommend the book to others.

I'd make sure you're not just writing to attack. Then I'd stick to the original intent of the book.

Eagle, ultimately the "masses" here are correct. Since your intent for the book is to educate the Christian audience then stick with the facts. Give credit where it is due, as that...credit. Right or wrong, correct or incorrect a person is responsible for what they say and teach.

In my book Loy is the only person that I did not directly name in the text. The credit for the quote is in the bibliography but in the text I call him Rev. Blowhard, because the quote I use of his is very inflammatory and I did not want to seem like I was in any way giving him a new spotlight or attacking him specifically. He just happen to present a viewpoint in such an extreme way that it was useful to make a point. All other persons that I quote are actually named in the text including VP, and the work that I retrieved their words from are also given proper credit in the bibliography. (no footnotes in my book, they are annoying)

BTW the manuscript is done, still waiting on the cover art and enough funds to publish. Soon, very soon now.

IMO,

If VPW is the source of the doctrine being debated, then leaving his name out would be a discredit to your readers. I think that you might even be ethically obliged to include his name.

That's a pretty good point, too.