GreaseSpot Cafe

twitter hashtags

potato

has anyone run across twitter hashtags used by twi members? I know they don't like the internet, but I've seen some of them on myspace and it seems the younger crowd might not be as averse as lcm's old cronies.

• Upvote 1

it's when you put a hash in front of a word, like #theway or something like that, so people can find tweets about certain subjects. I read it's been successfully used for organizing rallies and other stuff, like the #amazonfail hash brought attention to amazon's catalog mess. made me wonder if there are any hashtags in use for twi subjects.

• Upvote 1

heh, well I found by searching google that the only thing on twitter about twi was a flurry of scorn over the March '07 videos they posted. apparently twits do not tweet... or they're very secretive about their association with twi.

• Upvote 1

Hey, get this.

I just googled ""The Way International" scumbags" and my thread in the "new member" section was number six on the list.

Thanks for the inspiration Tater!

Take Care.

• Upvote 1

heh, well I found by searching google that the only thing on twitter about twi was a flurry of scorn over the March '07 videos they posted. apparently twits do not tweet... or they're very secretive about their association with twi.

LOL no Tweeting you twiters because the wages of tweeting is ..no twiting

• Upvote 1

they use myspace, but as far as I can tell their profiles are all set to private.

I don't know how much the "internet is a devilish place" doctrine still rules. there was one idiot coordinator in Washington (the guy who actually sealed my decision to leave twi because of his arrogant pontificating about the internet) who claims to be a web designer but I haven't seen any of his work so I don't know.

I do know that when I was working as a writer via the internet, the area coordinator tried to pressure me to quit (via my now-ex-husband, the @$$hole didn't even have the balls to tell me to my face) but I wasn't about to give up the income I made working from home so I told my now-ex-husband that if dude wanted to tell me to quit, he could tell me to my face. I don't know where I found the brass to stand up to him... I guess it was knowing how close skated every month to the edge of keeping it together financially because of his low wages and no benefits from his "believer" employer.

somehow, shockingly, that was the end of it.

• Upvote 1