GreaseSpot Cafe

The Seven Churches

Trying to understand these seven churches more, does anyone know more about these churches? Seems the Way lost their first love, along time ago? That one knucklehead leader loved dancing more than what our first love should be?

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=seven+church+of+revelation+study+videos&view=detail&mid=44EFF5A670FE5DEB96FA44EFF5A670FE5DEB96FA&first=0&qpvt=seven+church+of+revelation+study+videos

• 1 month later...

Trying to understand these seven churches more, does anyone know more about these churches? Seems the Way lost their first love, along time ago? That one knucklehead leader loved dancing more than what our first love should be?

http://www.bing.com/...on+study+videos

You betcha I do, pal! Your request is yet another part of what "I found". Patience, please...it's coming!

SPEC :)/>

Edited by spectrum49

Ok, Ok - why make you wait? Here's a brief look at it...

Re 2:3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.

4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen

(Now of course we know this record has to do with that which will happen in the future, concerning Israel - and nobody will really know all the details surrounding those events except those who will be living though it.)

Strangely though, this first letter actually also has a lot in common with the first time in the Bible - in the Paradise of Eden, which concerns the first man, Adam.

We all know the story: Adam fell short in his obligation to God by accepting that which Eve brought him to eat from the tree God had commanded him not to partake of. God's desire should have been his first priority instead of what his wife wanted. As a result, they were both expelled from Eden, etc…

Let me put that in other words for you:

(1) By deciding not to obey the one and only commandment given to him, Adam fainted in his obligation toward God.

(2) By eating the forbidden fruit, Adam left his first love (who should have been God) by choosing to love his wife first instead - by doing what she wanted instead of what God wanted.

(3) What resulted is what we commonly refer to as the fall of man.

Of course you have noticed the underlined words in the verses above - do you consider that interesting? "But wait --- there's more!"

Now - compare the promise at the end of the letter in verse 7 with something also found in Eden, during the first administration.

Re 2:7 To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Ge 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

SPEC :)/>

Edited by spectrum49