GreaseSpot Cafe

USB Ports

herbiejuan

Hello again puter guru's

My USB port seems to not be working near like it used to. My DSL is connected to the front port while my printer and mousie are attached to the back. One of my ports (the printer one) is broken and I'd like to replace it with a new one. This seems to be something I can do as I've already been in there a few times n all but I thought I'd ask your advice afore getting started. I'm guessing my local computer store carries replacement ports and I'm also guessing that it is basicly a unplug/replug operation. What say ye?

Again many thanks for your expertise.

Mike

Mike: You don't even have to crack the case open. Simply go to your local tech store or WalMart and get a 4-port USB hub (about 20-30 bucks) Plug it into any of the ports that still works, and voila! Four new USB sockets! It's a no-brainer.

There might just be a signature in here ==v

The winning Lotto numbers for the next drawing are: 17, @#%$^#^ NO CARRIER

God bless you Mike and Zixar

I got one of those 4-port USB hub once than I find out all my USB were USB 1.0 and USB 2.0 is faster and better

Both ways are easy Both will fix the computer to work better

God bless you

Roy

Ps I have a CD recordable rewritable that runs on USB port On USB 1.0 its 4x4x4 but on USB 2.0 its 52x24x52

True, but not all computers are USB 2.0 compatible. Actually, though, none of the stuff he talked about needs anything more than USB 1.1 speed. Adding USB 2.0 to a computer that doesn't have it requires installing a card in the computer.

There might just be a signature in here ==v

Happy Frickin' Birthday to me...