GreaseSpot Cafe

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

God first

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

Beloved all

God loves you all

For years mankind as ask this question. – Which came first the chicken or the egg?

But the answer has been all the long in the book of Genesis chapter one .

First lets look at the word seed.

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

The earth brought forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth

We see God made the seed in the earth and the seeds grow and plants have grew like this from the beginning and they still do today

But when a plants grows from seed it takes time and every seed has a set time limit in the earth until it breaks out of the earth and they grow at differ speeds

Now lets look at animals

Gen 1:20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Look the out of the waters came every living creature or every living animal

Now the womb and egg are like being in water and the womb is like a egg

animals in eggs used up the water in the egg for oxygen and other needs until the animal breaks out of the egg to take its first breath

animals in the womb are feed oxygen and other needs by their mother in the womb of their mother and they break out of the womb of their mother after a set amount of time we call it being born

So why not being born out of the water and are not animals about 90% water

so each animal broke out of the waters a the time they needed to grow to be born

And animals are being born today the same way they were in the beginning out of water of waters in the beginning and now out of waters of their mother womb or a egg lay by the mother

When each animal breaks out they take their first breath

Every kind of animal breaks out of the egg or womb at differ speeds or after a set amount of times as past

By animals being born this gave time for the seeds to grow so their be food for the animals to eat

Now it does not say Mankind came from the waters but would not the soul life of man grew out of waters like the soul life of animals and could not God take a rib of a seed to make Eve

Now this tells us the egg came first

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

From JanH -- on JWO

A chicken and an egg are lying in bed.

The chicken is leaning against the headboard smoking a cigarette

with a satisfied smile on its face.

The egg, looking a bit pi$$ed off, grabs the sheet, rolls over and says

"Well, I guess we finally answered THAT question now didn't we."

:biglaugh:

Edited by dmiller

God first

Beloved Goey

God loves you my dear friend

Yes I had chickens and they had chicks

I search for eggs and I find some that were layed on

Do you no think that God could not keep the egg warm and turn the egg

Do you not think God could not keep the chicks warm and feed the chicks in the waters and outside the waters

thank you

Do you no think that God could not keep the egg warm and turn the egg

Do you not think God could not keep the chicks warm and feed the chicks in the

waters and outside the waters

What I think God "could" do is irrelevant. I want to know what he actually does do.

Its been my experience that the eggs need to carefully incubated and the chicks raised by a mother hen or in a heated brooder. When the eggs are in an abondoned nest and God has them all on his own, they never seem to hatch. Why is that? Don't you think that God could keep them at the right temperature? Hmmm?

What God could do and what he has decided to do, are many times different.

Tell ya what Roy, you let God God incubate your chicken eggs and raise your chicks all on His own, and I'll keep using my incubators, brooders and hens. Then let's see who has more chickens this time next year.

Edited by Goey

God first

Beloved Goey

The beginning is over there is no more need for God to do what he did for the first pair of chickens because God taught the first chickens what to do and what to teach the chickens to do

I believe God can do all things even raised a baby chick

I bottle feed a baby pig when it mother would not I raised a loving pig

And my pig raised baby pigs of her own

thank you

God first

First lets look at the word seed.

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

The earth brought forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth

We see God made the seed in the earth and the seeds grow and plants have grew like this from the beginning and they still do today

But when a plants grows from seed it takes time and every seed has a set time limit in the earth until it breaks out of the earth and they grow at differ speeds

Roy, verse 11 does not say that God "made the seed in the earth". It says that the earth brought forth grass, and it brought forth the the herbs (plants) that yield seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit. We know that the seed of a fruit tree is is within the fruit that the tree produces. What verse 11 is saying is that the earth "brought forth" plants that produce seed. It does not say or imply that God planted the seeds first. The earth brought those plants that produce seed. How God made that happen, it doesn't say.

Now lets look at animals

Gen 1:20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

Gen 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Look the out of the waters came every living creature or every living animal

Does it really say that? You seemed to have missed verses 24 & 25. Before drawing a conclusion at this point we should also look at these verses.

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Here we see that the earth, not the waters, "brought forth" the land animals such as cattle , much like in verse 11 where the earth, not the waters, "brought forth" the plants.

Now, what "waters" is verse 20 refering to? We need to go back to verses 9 & 10 which you also seemed to have missed and not considered .

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

The dry land was called "Earth", and the waters were called "Seas". So the waters (Seas) brought forth the water creatures and the fowl ( v 20,21), and the Earth (dry land) brough forth the land animals ("beast of the earth) (vs 24,25)

Now the womb and egg are like being in water and the womb is like a egg

animals in eggs used up the water in the egg for oxygen and other needs until the animal breaks out of the egg to take its first breath

Actually, the embryo in a chicken egg gets its oxygen from the air outside of the the egg. The egg shell is porous and lets oxygen in from the surrounding air and lets out carbon dioxide. If you submerged a chicken egg in water the embryo would die of suffocation.
animals in the womb are feed oxygen and other needs by their mother in the womb of their mother and they break out of the womb of their mother after a set amount of time we call it being born

OK, but remember the land animals were brough forth from the earth (dry land) not from the waters (Seas) - verses 24,25.

So why not being born out of the water and are not animals about 90% water

so each animal broke out of the waters a the time they needed to grow to be born

Why not? Becasue you are equating the water in the womb and that within an egg with the "waters" of verses 20. Verse 9 says these waters are the Seas. There is nothing scripturally that suggests the waters are anything other than the Seas. Furthermore, the land animals did not come from the waters, but rather from the dry land. It seems you are making a "leap" here Roy, by suggesting that the waters in verses 20,21 do not refer to the Seas of verse 9, but rather to the "waters" inside an egg or inside a womb. This is a leap in logic.

As I pointed out earlier, verses 24 & 25 say that the Earth (dry land) brought forth the land creatures. There is no mention of waters in regards to the land creatures or to man for that matter . Some land creatures lay eggs, some don't.

The waters (Seas) brought forth the whales, fish, and other sea creatures, as well as the fowl. Note that some of these like whales, are mamals that do not lay eggs, and some of them do lay eggs, such as fish and birds.

And animals are being born today the same way they were in the beginning out of water of waters in the beginning and now out of waters of their mother womb or a egg lay by the mother

When each animal breaks out they take their first breath

Every kind of animal breaks out of the egg or womb at differ speeds or after a set amount of times as past

By animals being born this gave time for the seeds to grow so their be food for the animals to eat

Now it does not say Mankind came from the waters but would not the soul life of man grew out of waters like the soul life of animals and could not God take a rib of a seed to make Eve

Now this tells us the egg came first.

Not really ...

Roy, it seems to me that you are speculating here and not taking into consideration verses 9 & 10, or verses 24 and 25. In disregarding these verses, you make a logical leap to suggest that the waters in verses 20 & 21 refer to the fluid inside an egg or the fluid inside the womb instead of the Seas in verse 10. Furthermore, in disregaring verses 24 & 25, you have land animals also coming out of the waters, when these verses have them brough forth from the earth, like the plants.

If your theory is true, then we must also conclude that cows lay eggs.

Roy, I would rethink your theory a bit If I were you.

God first

Beloved Goey

Either way you know the first day corn breaks out of the earth you do not have a ear of corn

Yes God may of just told the parts of earth that could become a seed to make a seed

We know from Noah that things are saved by two's so I say they begin my two's or at least most things

Yes the earth they came from but is not there earth below the waters

The body of man and animals are part water and part earth but there H in the earth and there Oxygen in earth but they must be at a set pattern to be water

There water in plants and there water in the air there the things we are made of all around us

I read the whole book of Genesis in many whole sitting

And yes I can missed things but what you are pointing out I saw

I think the water was more water mix with earth but I do not want to say that because I like to keep things simple

and yes there is a differ from the firmament of waters here on earth the firmament of waters on the earth from the firmament above the waters in the heavens

The animals that come from the firmament below the heavens are the ones who's seed's growth out of the water mix with earth in a way my little mind could not understand

The animals that came out of the firmament above are the Angels and Angel food that fly in the waters of heaven

But it gets down to understand how things are born from a form of a seed whether in a egg or womb

So everything was born even the first pair of each kind

But to have food it took time for plant life to grow and many grow at differ rates as do animals

And all are born at differ rates which gives time for there to be food here on the earth

thank you

Yes God may of just told the parts of earth that could become a seed to make a seed

Or He could have just planted the plant and let it bear seed at the end of the season.

Consider the beasts of the earth, such as the cow. Don't cows have eggs? Sure they do. Every cow is born with all the eggs it will ever have. These are contained within the ovaries. When the cow is in season, an egg is released and can become fertilized. It then attaches within the womb, develops and after about 265 days a calf is born.

The difference between a chicken and a cow is that the chicken embryo develops inside the egg which is outside the body of the chicken, whereas the bovine embryo develops inside the uterous of the cow. But both begin with eggs.

So Roy, answer this: -- Which came first, in Genesis 1: 24,25 the cow or the egg? I am talking about the very first cow.

Why would a chicken be any different?

Edited by Goey

God first

Beloved Goey

Can the calt become a cow before its a calf or can a Cow come before its been a egg be a calt?

All eggs came first I believe and this would of gave plants time to grow

Whether the egg came out of dirt mix with water or pure dirt or pure water there must be food for them to eat

And I never heard of any plant breaking out of the earth and having fuith the next day

So things had to come out of a egg of some kind whether planted in the water or in the earth

Now do not fish that lay eggs hide their eggs in the dirt at the bottom of the water the earth below the water

But if animals begin full grown then what did they eat because we know the plant life came out of the earth the 3th day

And we know plants take time to grow

Look at Wheat it grows in the winter while grass grows in the summer

So if there was no man to put up hay cows would have to travel many miles in the wonter to find food or eat a plant like wheat that grows in the winter

But this is just me

And I did not see this my research but the spirit in me taught me in a way I could understand

But you may need more details than me

Go to the spirit of Christ in you in pray

When things make no senses I have for help from above you can too

thank you

Well Roy, I can't argue with the spirit. If the spirit told you that the egg came first, then who am I to question God?

But I wonder why the scriptures don't say that the earth and waters brought forth eggs. Something like ....

And out of the waters and the earth God brought forth eggs. Some eggs of whales, some of birds and some of cows and of all other moving and creeping things.

An God sat upon the eggs and turned and warmed them until such as was in them broke out of the waters within them;

Some fish, some whales, some cows and some of all other moving and creepeing things. Each in it's own time broke they out.

And thus the Lord determined that the egg came before the chicken ...

:)

Edited by Goey

God first

Beloved Goey

Yes we can not argue with the spirit but you were not try-ing to argue but see what I see

Now if the bible wrote with every detail out in the open then we would not need the spirit to guide us to see the hiden things that are not hiden from our spirit but they are hiden from the flesh of man

It like understanding parables it may take the spirit to see the understanding

The whole bible is full of hiden mysteries that which the spirit can be seen

but I only see part of the picture so may you can go to the Christ in me and add color to the picture I see

thank you