GreaseSpot Cafe

Small Things

God first

Small Things

Here I sat getting ready to have Christ help me write about what I would call “Small Things.” But before I begin let me say God loves you, Christ love you, and I love you no matter who you are or what you believe to be true.

Before one can see what is small to God they must see what is big to God. I tell you with great boldest that the Love of God is the first big thing, and the second is the love of God’s son Jesus the Christ, and the third and last big thing is loving each other whether we believe as you or not.

Look I love the Pope not because he loves God but because he is there to love. While I may not like everything he may teach I love him as a brother. I see things he may teach that I do not like as small things next to his love for his people and me.

To me doctrine truths are very small next to a person love they give to us. I heard men of God say the wrong thing doctrinally but their heart was to help. So I over look the small thing the wrong words and was thankful for the love that was there.

I been to many differ kinds of churches and I heard the bible cut up to teach a point but most the time its done for one of two reasons. The first reason would be to help out of love and the second is to get your money.

But most of the time its too help out of love for the people who go to that church. I have many Catholic friends, Baptism friends, Ex Jehovah's Witnesses friends, Mormons friends, Church of Christ friends, and from many other churches in and out.

I used to judge these people by what they taught or what truths they knew but now I just love them with the love of God. I all so forgiven all that have said things I did not like out of lack of Knowledge.

I ask myself why I did not look for their love and not judge them because I judged them because of small things like lack of knowledge I may of lost friends.

I am thankful that I do not judge as fast as I did in the Way Ministry but I still fall short at times as we all do. So I say walk in love and forgive others for their shortcoming’s as you are forgiven for your shortcoming’s.

We are all flesh and we all walk by flesh at times but we are to walk by the love of God my dear friends. Thank you with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy.

Before one can see what is small to God they must see what is big to God. I tell you with great boldest that the Love of God is the first big thing, and the second is the love of God’s son Jesus the Christ, and the third and last big thing is loving each other whether we believe as you or not.

Look I love the Pope not because he loves God but because he is there to love. While I may not like everything he may teach I love him as a brother. I see things he may teach that I do not like as small things next to his love for his people and me.

To me doctrine truths are very small next to a person love they give to us. I heard men of God say the wrong thing doctrinally but their heart was to help. So I over look the small thing the wrong words and was thankful for the love that was there.

I been to many differ kinds of churches and I heard the bible cut up to teach a point but most the time its done for one of two reasons. The first reason would be to help out of love and the second is to get your money.

But most of the time its too help out of love for the people who go to that church. I have many Catholic friends, Baptism friends, Ex Jehovah's Witnesses friends, Mormons friends, Church of Christ friends, and from many other churches in and out.

I used to judge these people by what they taught or what truths they knew but now I just love them with the love of God. I all so forgiven all that have said things I did not like out of lack of Knowledge.

That is a very good point, Roy.

You know, a very famous saying that is often said in a critical fashion of the Catholic Church is the statement that I have under my avatar, "extra ecclesiam nulla salus" -- it means "Outside the Church there is no salvation."

It is a very misunderstood statement, both by non-Catholics and Catholics alike.

But it's very simple, though, if one takes a look at it from a Biblical point of view. And that point of view is that Christ established one church...not 5,843 churches. Just one.

And when we recognize this, we can see that all of our brethren who have Christ in their hearts are, in some fashion, members of that one church. We may have our disagreements on how that church is structured and what specific teachings comprise the teachings of that church, but that does not change the fact that there is but one church.

The point you bring up is that if we treated each other with the respect owed each other as fellow members of that one church, we'd have a lot fewer hard feelings than if we keep telling each other that the other is going to hell because he doesn't believe in the same way I do. That's where the love comes in.

We can still have discussions about what we believe and what we don't believe, but, if we have those discussions with love, we can get a lot more accomplished than we do with arrogance.

Anyway, good post, Roy.

God first

Beloved markomalley

God loves you my dear friend

I loved your statement of truth "And that point of view is that Christ established one church...not 5,843 churches. Just one."

great statement my friend

I all so like what is under avatar your "Outside the Church there is no salvation."

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy